I'm an avid knitter, decent golfer and former concert violinist. Growing up in a large family (last of five children) has helped me gain perspective and learn quickly from my mistakes. I enjoy taking road trips with my husband, Dave, but I also relish hanging out in our East Dallas abode with our two dogs, two cats and six chickens.
I'm looking to use my ambition, intellect and creativity to generate new energy and ideas. I work hard to enhance targeted communications strategies using social networking and blogging to reach new audiences.
I am remarkably quick to learn new skills and I am accustomed to a fast-paced environment and daily deadline pressure. I'm interested in branching out in new directions and using my talents to forge new relationships and opportunities.
Public Relations Intern/Videography Intern
- Throughout two seasons with the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo I attended livestock shows, interviewed winners and wrote press releases as a Public Relations intern.
- As a Videography intern, I operated professional TV cameras and equipment to display competitors on big screens for crowd viewing during large competitions like barrel racing heats and stock shows.
Nov 2009 - Present
- Writer for Park Cities People, often covering municipal news- Feature and staff writer for Oak Cliff People and Preston Hollow People- Edit submitted content for all three newspapers, and assist on production days, when newspapers go to press.- Fill in for Managing Editor and Photographers when necessary
Jun 2005 - Apr 2009
- Choose and edit Letters to the Editor for the Editorial Page. Reply and maintain contact with published readers. Proof opinion pages in Section A and Metro section.
- Blogger and webmaster of the Editorial Board's blog. Worked in tandem on Web-related initiatives with the Interactive Department.
- Proof editorial cartoons and archive Editorial Page letters.
- Project organizer for Community Voices, Teacher Voices, Classroom Voices guest column program and other zoned content programs.
Aug 2004 - Jun 2005
- Research, write and edit real estate news such as purchases, sales and legislation for the Real Estate Center Online News (RECON), a twice-weekly industry newsletter with a circulation 16,000+ nationwide
- Produce original educational literature on real estate industry careers
Aug 2001 - May 2005
Bachelor of Science
Texas A&M University
Emphasized studies in Renewable Natural Resources. Broadcast and photojournalism experience as well as magazine and newspapers.