Jan 2010 - Present
Oversee customer relationship management through internal and external communications for membership recruitment and retention.
- 95% retention rate and 50% membership increase in less than 2 years
- Created the organization’s first membership development plan to sustain the program for the next 3-5 years
- Developed a communications and marketing plan for new association management software to increase member buyer-in
- Analyzed the effectiveness of membership tactics including: fee and membership category structures, services, materials, benefits, value proposition, technologies, and policies relating to retention of current members and acquisition of new members, and recommended changes as appropriate to attain strategic goals
- Conduct quarterly webinars to engage new members and recruit prospective members
Dec 2008 - Dec 2010
Training and Education Program Manager
Provided domestic violence education on various topics identified by members' needs and completed all goals and reporting deadlines outlined by private and government funders.
- Managed approximately $500,000 in grants from corporate sponsors including Verizon Wireless and Allstate Insurance, US Department of Justice, and California Office of Emergency Services, and maintained relationships with major donors
- Created the organization’s social media presence on major networks and establish the organization’s email marketing for communication with members and allied professionals
- Designed and implemented multiple curricula via in person learning experiences as well as online formats designed for the needs of the organization’s members and prospective members
- Within one year conducted 30 trainings across the state
May 2006 - Nov 2008
Technical Assistance and Training Coordinator
Provided reciprocal expertise to members and the public through requests, trainings, conferences, and media events.
- Coordinated Domestic Violence Awareness Month at the State Capitol with celebrity speakers, California Secretary of State, legislators, Blue Shield of California Foundation, and national sponsors for approximately 400 participants
- Secured sponsorship from corporations including Blue Shield of California, Kaiser Permanente, Verizon Wireless, Luna Bar, and over 30 for profit and not for profit organizations
- Established and maintained relationships with members and provided high quality services outlined in membership benefits
2001 - 2003
Family Safety Network
Responsible for all of the organization's fiduciary relationships, fiscal health, and human capital to lead the organization to achieve its mission.
- Tripled the organization’s income through effective grant writing and fundraising in a post 9/11 economy by building donor relationships with the Community Foundation of Jackson Hole, foundations serving the Pacific Northwest, and state and county government
- Developed a successful community awareness campaign utilizing public and press relations, mass media, direct marketing and “out of home” strategies
- Created an annual award event to strategically build and strengthen relationships within the community as well as generate press
- Initiated the organization's first bilingual program including paretning classes, trained crisis counselors, and special events
International Institute of Central American Affairs
Environmental Studies program that focused on sustainable development and economic impacts of tourism, agriculture, and community development.
- Intensive Spanish language learning
- Apply knowledge learned in the class room to real-world settings
- Provided communities with sustainable development recommendations
- Studied agroforesty, pesticide use in banana plantations and coffee fincas, micro-loans
Bachelor of Arts
Sewanee offered a rigorous study in the liberal arts that offered the best preparation for a life of leadership, service, and learning. The Third World Studies program provided instruction on how to interact constructively across cultural, economic, and political boundaries.
- Foreign language (2 years French, 2 years Spanish)
- Interdisciplinary approach to globalization
- Concentration in Sustainable Development in developing nations
Masters of Arts
Learned theoretical and practical approaches to developing strategic communications programs in a global environment that enable organizations to meet their goals and objectives.
- Plan communication campaigns by producing multi-public, multi-channel communication campaign planning documents.
- Manage communication campaigns by producing budgets, task lists, and schedules in project management software.
- Apply formative research to develop communication campaigns and messages.
- Create persuasive campaigns that meet high ethical standards by producing messages.
- Evaluate effective communication campaigns by conducting summative research.
- Deliver professional-level presentations in the online environment.
- Demonstrate leadership and collaborative skills by participating in group tasks and presentations as leader and team member.
Association Management Software
Using Theory of Planned Behavior, a campaign for StudentsFirst was drafted to increase membership.
Primary and secondary research examined awareness of meditation and its benefits on decreasing chronic stress and improving performance at schools.
Analysis of Verizon's Hopeline Project and Corporate Responsibility and using an integrated marketing approach of direct mail, out of home strategies, and public relations.
This mixed media plan identifies a target audience and creates a mixed media plan to achieve goals. The plan includes outdoor advertising at airports, personal mobile devices, social networking and video sharing.