Manager - Software Analysis, Design & Planning
SunGard Availability Services
Responsible for managing software development activities, coordinating all analysis, design and road map planning in support of new product development and Service Management tools. Participate in the strategic planning, business case development, and cost estimation processes of the organization. This role was also expected to:
- Make recommendations to the CTO and executive leadership of all lines of business concerning software and tools programs
- Maintain development road map, lead the group’s planning sessions, establish project priorities
- Define and drive continual improvement in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Manage vendor relationships, perform evaluations of new technologies
- Implemented Scrum/Agile development methodology resulting in semi-weekly delivery of incremental software improvements allowing customers to begin realizing value earlier and for products to respond to rapid changes in business need
- Presided over the 3x growth of the development organization, including the opening of an overseas development center, hiring of new staff, and globalizing of existing development processes.
- Partnered with Operations to develop a Service Release process for “operationalizing” new software products and internal tools deployments on a cadence the business could consume.
- Developed and rolled-out a Managed Services web portal which enabled internal engineers and customers to self serve: DNS changes, IP Block allocation, Server Patch Management, Performance Reporting, etc.
- Led the effort to consolidate ITSM tools by deploying a new Configuration Management System.