Information Technology: Engineering, Support and Sales
LeTip International- Yuba Sutter Chapter
Membership Chair, 2005-2006
Yuba Sutter Chamber of Commerce
Vice Chairman of the Ambassadors, 2005
Chairman of the Ambassadors, 2006
Membership Chair, 2004
Northern California Golf Association
Associate Member, 2004-
Seventeen years of experience in Information Technology working for multi-million dollar companies and government agencies. Extensive experience in installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of networks, servers, applications, and PC hardware and peripherals.
Fourteen years of Network Engineering and Systems Administration including network design, analysis and upgrade rollouts. Developed Call Center and Service Center procedures moving on to successfully managing the centers including developing policies, enforcing procedures, quality of service metrics and quality assurance as well as customer satisfaction ratings.
Ten years of training and documentation, network topological documentation and testing including security and disaster recovery. Steadily increased skills from NT, 2000 to 2003 technologies as well as cutting edge peripheral technology including Fibre Channel, iSCSI, SAN and NAS.
Eight years of managing and leading teams of up to 9 technicians. Responsible for the entire employment cycle including hiring, training, mentoring, discipline and terminations. Thousands of customer rollouts of up to 150 units at a time. Thorough understanding of all network topologies, legacy and cutting edge solutions, web & application terminology and telecommunications.
Four years of technical sales experience. Complete management of the sale cycle from cold calling, presentation, objection handling and closing. Started with a thirty thousand dollar company and turned it into a half million dollar company with 75% of the local market share in less than three years. Complete Sales engineering experience from evaluation of current environment to proposal of new solution, implementation, documentation and training. Ongoing Account relationship management including building and sustaining client confidence and rapport.
PC Service Technician
California Business Products
·Lead teams of up to four technicians on large network rollouts, and PC hardware and software builds.
·Technical Sales consultation for end-user support and retail products on 5000sf showroom floor
·Hardware and software procurement
Personalized Computer Service
·Sold, serviced, installed and supported PCs and networks.
·Monitored, maintained, troubleshot and backed up desktops and servers.
·Trained users, software upgrade rollouts, new hardware acquisitions and implementations, cabling infrastructure and design, network conversions from Novell to NT and upgraded from Windows 95/98 to NT.
·Configured frame relay, T1 and DSL implementations w/NAT support and firewalls, email migrations.
·Pre and postproduction testing of hardware and software builds
·Managed software vendors, telecom providers and facilities vendors.
Advanced Computer Repair
·First point of contact for Novell Netware technical support issues. Data Recovery, network expansion and upgrades, application installation and on-site service for clients in 24/7 production environments.
·Third tier in-house support for PC Service technicians.
·Lead four-person team Novell and NT Network rollouts. Performed Novell and NT server upgrades, created and implemented disaster recovery, backup and security policies.
·Managed helpdesk call center/email, procedures and response.
·Ongoing network administration, desktop support, and network maintenance.
·All aspects of Y2K Compliance in-house and client’s sites.
Contract Positions for GreenPoint Mortgage
Network Technician - Contract
- Topology conversion of LAN infrastructure from Token-Ring to Ethernet for corporate headquarters and two branch offices.
- Converted LAN backbone; swapped Token Ring NICs with Ethernet NICs. Rewired patch panels from MAU to Cisco Catalyst 5509 switches. Updated BIOS/CMOS settings, OS files (Win 95, 98 and NT); Flashed NIC BIOS on all workstations.
- Documented all computer upgrade information for processing by central administration IS staff.
- Initial contract extended; transferred to helpdesk support for San Francisco area.
Technical Service Analyst Technician
- Desktop, printer and Network support for 100 users.
- Database upgrades, interoperability between AS400 and Access 2000 and report generation.
- Website design and site updates.
- Documentation and Inventory of desktops, printers and network equipment.
- Supported all US LAN/WAN with two branch offices, 3 remote offices and integration with Taiwan office.
- Designed and rebuilt network including firewall, email, web servers, switches, Windows 2000 AD.
- On-site project management and hardware troubleshooting for high profile customers international and domestic.
- Trade-show technical sales consultation for RAID products.
- Database maintenance and administration for Great Plains on SQL. Website and FTP administration and installation.
- Advanced hardware configuration and troubleshooting of RAID/SAN equipment.
- Network monitoring and administration with SNMP tools.
- Supported all desktop clients in dual Healdsburg branch locations. Multiple OS including MAC and Linux.
- High end graphics company with stringent technical demands.
- Managed web services and maintained 99.999% uptime.
- On-site project management and hardware troubleshooting.
- Advanced hardware configuration and troubleshooting.
- Network monitoring and administration.
Jan 2004 - Present
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Grew company from 30K annually to 500K within three years, gaining 75% of market share.
- Lead Technical advisor, analyst, designer and implementation specialist.
- On-site project management and hardware troubleshooting for high profile customers.
- Advanced hardware configuration and troubleshooting.
- Network monitoring and administration with Managed Services package.
Dan Kennedy, No BS!
Infortrend Factory RAID Specialist Training Taipei,Taiwan
Comdex: Active Directory Deployment & Migration