Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing
Led Bobcats Sports & Entertainment's company-wide effort to better understand, serve and monetize the consumer. Oversaw marketing communications including advertising, branding, media buying, public relations, broadcast, websites (Bobcats.com, Timewarnercablearena.com and Charlottejumperclassic.com), social media, sales promotions, customer relationship management, research and analytics. Responsible for marketing all arena events including 43 Bobcats home games and over 30 major concert events each season. Maintained full accountability for 5 separate P&Ls, managed seven direct reports and oversaw multiple sales, service and marketing staff.
- Grew fan base 28% during the '08/'09 season (Scarborough tracking research).
- Grew net revenues from single game sales by $550,000 from $1.65 million in the '07/'08 season to $2.2 million in the '08/'09 season (33% Improvement).
- Appointed to oversee a cost reduction initiative that reduced expenses by $3 million across all business operations expense categories for the '08/'09 season.
- Initiated and led the design and implementation of a new CRM system.
- Led an internal team on a collaborative effort with the NBA league offices to restructure ‘09/’10 Bobcats tickets prices to optimize revenue potential.
- Created two new ticket promotional products during the '08/'09 season that generated $120,000 in incremental ticket revenue while directly contributing to the retention of two corporate partners.