Integrated Academics Instructor
Windward Community College
Instruction of math and reading skills for individuals in vocational programs required knowledge of classroom management and curriculum familiarity.Students from the vocational programs were encouraged to learn skills required in their specific trades in which instruction improved the student’s chance of success and employment possibilities.
- Created a specialized curriculum for students in the Culinary Arts, Facilities and Maintenance and Auto body vocational courses
- Taught basic math calculations and concepts that related directly to a specific trade
- Educated students about language techniques that could be applied in their trade
- Responsible for classroom management and discipline of high risk students
2006 - Present
Human Resource Manager
Coleman American Moving and Storage
Human Resource and administration experience in a fast-paced environment mandated organizational skills, attention to detail, and an adaptive personality.Military accounts utilized problem solving skills and excellent customer service along with responsibilities regarding the accuracy of all accounts payable and receivable through local Air Force and Naval Bases.
- Managed all human resources and payroll on a DOS system for over thirty employees
- Interviewed all employees and kept records regarding screenings, insurance and benefits
- Accountable for approving and refining the accuracy of all long term military invoices