Direct strategic marketing communications and branding for North American region of $1.2 billion publicly-traded global recruitment, consulting, and related services company with operations in more than 25 countries.Responsible for budgeting, forecasting and allocation of $600k budget across multiple markets in the U.S. and Canada.Collaborate with senior leadership team to foster buy-in and participation and lead execution of all marketing and communications programs. Major responsibilities include:
Marketing Strategy & Execution– Responsible for developing and implementing targeted marketing efforts for multiple practice groups in North America. Position reports directly to CMO and entails providing ongoing marketing and communications counsel to senior leadership team, with a focus on developing marketing plans, managing budgets and supervising marketing staff.Notable accomplishments include:
- Led the turnaround in positioning for a $30 million business line by designing and implementing an improved marketing and communications strategy.
- Spearheaded development of quarterly internal and external electronic newsletters, resulting in a 35% increase in traffic to practice web sites.
- Launched the firm’s first targeted HTML e-mail campaigns to build brand awareness and generate sales leads.
- Developed successful tactics to build credibility and increase name recognition with an executive level audience competing against established global brands.
- Overcame obstacles associated with being a newcomer in a field of established brands to generate a foothold in marketplace with one-third the budget of our nearest competitor.
- Supervised content development and promotion of the company’s first external blog for the IT practice group.
- Managed in-house design staff and external agencies to produce targeted advertising, direct mail and print collateral materials.
- Direct the development of global capabilities brochures, practice specific brochures and annual reports.
- Managed executive and employee communications during critical year including exiting markets and launching new offices in an economic slowdown.
Thought Leadership– Lead development and execution of multiple research projects, global client and candidate satisfaction surveys, market positioning research and overall thought leadership for Hudson.
- Developed and produced Hudson’s first global thought leadership series, Critical Thinking.
- Directed the company’s first global customer research project to generate new marketing strategies to support new business plans and led additional client and candidate research, ultimately resulting in a 30% increase in customer satisfaction year-over-year.
- Researched and secured targeted speaking opportunities and conference support for key North America practice groups, increasing the number of speaking opportunities by 40% in 2007-2008.
- Managed external research firms and writers for development of white papers and articles.
- Served as managing editor of the “Career Advice” section of jobs.hudson.com, Hudson’s candidate-focused job site.
- Provided leadership and sales training on the competitive marketplace.
Meeting & Event Management – Manage high-profile internal and external meetings, conferences and events at both the global and North America regional levels.
- Led the planning and execution of all of the company’s annual global Senior Management Meetings, from conception through execution.
- Collaborated with members of Hudson’s global executive team and the LondonBusinessSchool on development and management of an internal executive education program.
- Regularly managed breakfast briefings, webinars and other Hudson-sponsored events for key practice groups that resulted in new client engagements, increased brand awareness and tremendous reviews.
- Revamped major North American sales event and reduced costs by more than 50%, while maintaining event quality.