Talented, personable, second-career teacher with several years in professional positions for private industry; currently educational focus is Assistive Technology, program implementation and professional staff development.
Strengths in Education:
- Secondary teaching experience included lesson planning and evaluations for a variety of digital and fine arts classes; differentiated instruction for multi-ability classroom .Technology integration in to arts curriculum using a variety of digital media
- Special interest in discipline-based art education.
- Planned graphic arts curriculum for school-to-work program and incorporated learning into project-based environment with real world applications.
- Website design with an emphasis on simplicity, easy to maintain functionality and navigation for Web 2.0.
- Implement technological approaches to subject material.
- Design, develop and deploy professional development for technology-enhanced instruction for teachers.
Assistive Technology Program Implementation
- Systems development for district-wide use of assistive technologies (AT) for students with special needs
- Organizing processes for staff to acquire AT based on student's profile; SETT framework for AT
- Implementation of district referral system for AT; arranging for the acquisition and trial of devices and software for learning disabilites
- Universal Design for Learning approach to staff education
- Training all support staff in use of software and device
- Preparation of professional presentation for implementation of Accessible Instructional Materials
- Ongoing development of resources for assistive technology