Procurement Professional with extended experience as Head of Procurement in a leading Pharmaceutical multinational in Spain, being part of the European Procurement Leadership Team. Executive international experience in Finance, IT and Logistic, I have lead teams in Spain and Russia and multifunctional and multinational teams at local and European level. Pro active entrepreneur, results driven, with focus on leading people and customers.
My primary objectives, at this moment, is to lead a Procurement/Operations team in a highly professional environment or lead the development of long term Procurement strategies at EU level, also interested in other challenging professional opportunities where my experience can add value.
Jan 2001 - Mar 2009
Head of Procurement
Lead the creation and development of the Procurement team (8 staff). Supporting the Purchasing activity of the Pharma and R&D Business. Manages spend of 90 m € across multiple categories. Reporting to the Local Finance Director and to the European Procurement Director. Member of the European Procurement Leadership Team.
- Audited annual revenue savings of 3,7 m €/ year.
- Implemented new Purchasing Policy. No audit findings during the Group Internal Audit in 2008.
- Over 16 m € per year negotiated through e Procurement tools..
- Implantation SAP – MM module.
- Program of category management through the creation of multidisciplinary teams sponsored by Executive Committee team members.
- Program of spend concentration: 80% of spend managed with 35 suppliers.
- Program of simplification and automatisation of process : 82% of Purchase Orders managed automatically (electronic catalogues)
- Developed and implemented outsourcing programs: Promotional Materials (design and production), Logistic Lab supplies, Congress and Facilities Management.
May 2000 - Dec 2000
Head of Procurement
Aug 1998 - Apr 2000
Finance , IS and Logistic Director
Managing the Finance, TI, Logistic department, team of 16 people. Manage the finances of the company through the Russian crisis of 1998. Reporting to the GM and to the Finance Director in the UK Headquarters. Executive team member. - Success recognized for the management of stock and debtors. In 1999 cash received exciding sales. This was a key area due to the collapse of the Russian economy.- Implemented ERP – TETRA- to manage : Finance, Distribution, Stock Management and Budget Control. - Centralization of the Distribution model in a unique Logistic operator. - Autmatization of the monthly reporting to Headquarters.