Sep 2011 - Jun 2013
Oct 2004 - Jul 2009
Bachelor in Communications
Oct 2009 - Present
Started a company that develops digital platforms and content for clients, including desktop and mobile sites, mobile apps, content management systems, fantasy games and Facebook apps
Venezuelan Baseball Winter League Site
We developed a baseball sitethat contains in-depth statistics and information about the Venezuelan Winter League, and also includes a Fantasy Baseball Game. The site was partnered with Venezuela's two most important sports newspapers: Meridiano and Lider.
In its first season (2011-2012), it received more than 50,000 daily visitors, with an average visit duration of 15 minutes, and had more than 7,000 Fantasy players. We got sponsored by Samsung, Locatel Pharmacies, and Cacique Rum.
The site includes:
- The day-by-day schedule of the league (scores, box scores, future games with probable starters).
- Standings (expanded stats and records against each team).
- Individual and team statistics (historical data from the 2003 season and forward).
- A card or page for each player with his information and statistics.
- Individual and team statistics, as well as player cards, include: regular, advanced and sabermetric statistics, splits and game logs.
- A page for each team (own calendar, statistics, and a depth chart roster).
- A Fantasy Baseball Game, where users have a budget to build their own team, and recieve points according to the performance of their players in real games. They can compete in leagues with other players and friends.
- It also has a lighter version for mobile phones.
We also created a daily podcast called Detras del Home (Behind Home Plate), where along with other co-host, we analyzed the most relevant baseball news for a Venezuelan audience. Since we launched it (January 2010) until the end of last season (February 2012), we recorded 463 episodes, and it became the most listened Venezuelan podcast, with an average of more than 1,000 listeners per episode. Here are some reviews from the listeners, who have said they enjoy our critic debate and spontaneous style.
We've had numerous major league players as guests in the show, including Pablo Sandoval (San Francisco Giants), Francisco Rodriguez (New York Mets), Elvis Andrus (Texas Rangers), Armando Galarraga (Arizona Diamondbacks), among others.
We grew our twitter account (@DetrasDelHome) to more than 6,500 followers in less than two years.
We also developed a fantasy game made to be played and shared on Facebook during the Major League Baseball Season and the Venezuelan Winter League. We are working out a deal with Pepsi Venezuela to launch it next season. You can see the screen shots of the app here.
For the 2013-2014 season, we will launch apps for different mobile platforms (iphone, Android and BlackBerry) providing fans with content related to their teams, including the latest news, live scores, schedules and standings
Mar 2012 - Present
Baseball Blogger, Content Strategist
Feb 2013 - Present
Jun 2007 - Sep 2009
Baseball Analyst, Journalist, Columnist
Bilingual: proficient in English and Spanish. (Status: U.S. Citizen).
SPSS, Excel, Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst, comScore, SEO, Adwords, Facebook Insights, HootSuite, Social Listening tools, Basic HTML/CSS/PHP, Internet Savvy.