Beverage Industry Executive successful at building, managing and leading teams that deliver sales and profit growth both as a supplier and a distributor. Adept at start-up organizations, led the team that formed Diageo’s first dedicated division in Ohio for Glazer’s. A strong, motivating and effective corporate leader who exhibits the skills and ability to implement change by accenting the positive and developing teams that share the vision, understand the mission and deliver the plan. Core competencies include:• P&L Management • Start-Up Expertise • Major Account Development • Solution Selling Strategies • High-Impact Sales Presentations • Market Evaluation/Penetration
Aug 2009 - Present
Non- Paid Executive Director
Sexually Abused Children's Relief Endeavor
Strickly volunteer- non paying position
May 2008 - Aug 2009
Premier Cru St. Louis
Responsible for the management of four sales representatives, two warehouse personnel and one operations manager.Responsibilities include the portfolio management of 60 plus suppliers, all sales and incentive programming, sales direction, operational efficiencies, logistics, pricing and the management of 250 fine wine accounts for the Eastern half of Missouri.Responsible for the corporate relationships with Sam’s Wholesale Club and Whole Foods Market.
- Implemented sales accountability standards which have led to a 24% increase in accounts sold.
- Key Supplier success stories:Merryvale up 18%, Vine Connections up 38%, Anderson Conn Valley up 22%, Winesellers up 14%.
Jul 2005 - Jan 2008
Vice President- General Manager
Allied Beverage Group
At New Jersey’s largest wholesale distributor, responsible for $410MM in annual sales and 282 full time employees. Responsibilities included the management of four divisional sales teams with 30 managers and 183 sales representatives, marketing and merchandising teams with 12 managers and 13 merchandisers, development of marketing and sales strategy and objectives, pricing, incentives, prioritization, customer relationships and P&L management.
- Implemented team management standards that led to an 8.8% increase in division sales or $33MM.Balance of company declined 2.2%.
- Reversed declining on-premise sales from -2% in 2005 to + 12% in 2007 by developing targeted programs, and reorganizing management and sales representative responsibilities.
- Re-designed incentive compensation programs to focus on high gross profit items which contributed to achieving 100% of targeted goals and to + 12 % on premise growth.
Jul 2002 - Jun 2005
Ohio General Manager
Glazer's Family of Companies
Start-up experience with Glazer’s of Ohio spirit brokerage and dedicated Diageo/MH-USA Division.
In a ninety day period, designed, recruited, trained and managed 125 person sales and management team.
- Achieved first year sales plan while finishing 13% under operational budget. Negotiated a staff reduction with supplier that resulted in an additional savings of $2.5MM.No loss in productivity or performance was experienced.
- Built the team that has shown 52 straight months of market share gain in Ohio.
- Developed a strong relationship with the management teams of The State of Ohio, Giant Eagle, Kroger and Meijer’s.
Nov 1998 - Jun 2002
Kansas City Area and Branch Manager
As Area Manager, was entrusted with and successfully merged three acquired firms.During this transition, solution seeking skills, excellent judgment, culture-blending, inter-departmental conflict resolution and the ability to build organizational effectiveness were part of the required skill set for achievement.Developed national account relationships with Haddad Restaurant Group, Applebee’s, Levy Restaurants, Volume Services, Hy-Vee, Sam’s Club and Wal-mart.
- Organic growth averaged 15% per year with sales revenues surged from $15MM to $125MM.
- By managing sales and expenses, achieved the objective of moving from an investment to profitability.
- Recognized as one of Glazer’s top manager’s and promoted to head key start-up in Ohio.
Nov 1990 - May 1998
Vice President/General Manager
Major Brands, Kansas City
Managed sales, operations, personnel, merchandising, supplier relationships and gross profit development during this period of unprecedented growth for the company.
- Attained or exceeded plan every year while sales grew from $22MM to $53MM.
- Led the move to specialization by developing separate dedicated sales teams for beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages.
1983 - 1990
Division Manager- Central and Empire Regions
The predecessor company to Moet-Hennessy USA, Schieffelin & Somerset Co. marketed and sold premium wine and spirit brands.The Central Region consisted of Illinois, Missouri, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana.The Empire Region comprised the State of New York.Managed 28 distributors and a sales team of 14.
1978 - 1983
Vice President-General Manager
Jackson Distributing Company
Responsible for 25 sales, admistrative and warehouse employess for this 10M wine, spirits and beer distribution company.
1972 - 1977
Eastern Division Operations Manager
General Wine and Spirits
Responsible for budgets,sales promotion and merchandising materials for this 10 state region.