Orientation Leader, Campus-wise Semi-Formal Committee Chair, Vice President, Publicity Chair, Welcoming Week Ambassador. Experience in all of fields of student organizations with proven skills to work as a leader and a follower. Goal oriented self-starter with motivation, enthusiasm and ability to manage time efficiently.
Sep 2007 - Present
Bachelor of Science
University of California, San Diego
Microsoft Office Word Microsoft Office Excel Microsoft Office PowerPoint Microsoft Office OneNote Microsoft Office Outlook Auto Computer Aid Drafting Adobe Photoshop Adobe Dreamweaver Hootsuite Wordpress Google Trend
Jun 2008 - Present
Vice-President, General Secretary, Consultant
- Planed out several events involving up to 500 Graduate and Undergraduate students each for Chinese festivals.
- Strengthened connections with other on-campus student organizations through joint events.
- Oversaw 10 students in planning welcoming events for international students.
- Executed 20 students in organizing 200 guest events for Chinese holidays.
- Collaborated with several school departments to plan guest dinning, set-up and transportation.
- Recruited nearly 300 new international Undergraduate and Graduate students.
Mar 2010 - Sep 2010
Orientation Leader, Transfer Student Orientation Leader
- Cooperated with over 20 administrative staff and 12 orientation leaders to plan out a two day learning experience for incoming freshmen students of UCSD ERC 2014.
- Coordinated 4 independent sessions engaging 12 to 14 students each session under minimal supervision.
- Designed a follow up on orientation students through Facebook Groups in preparation for college experience.
Sep 2009 - Jun 2010
ERC Semi-Formal Chair
Univeristy of California, San Diego, Eleanor Roosevelt College & Thurgood Marshall College Joint Semi-Formal
- Planned out an undergraduate dance event budgeting $16,000 for 500 ERC & TMC students.
- Conducted detailed planning regarding catering, venue, decorations, entertainment and etc.
- Managed to efficiently spend and save using only $13,585 planned budget, saving $2415 for both colleges.
Jan 2010 - May 2010
- Held primary responsibility in the analyzing mailing advertisement efficiency for a major company client.
- Helped to develop, promote and improve websites for 5 clients from different industries throughout San Diego.
- Made major contribution in company's website development: http://www.sandiegothisweekend.com/.
Jun 2009 - Apr 2010
- Independently developed and promoted an international web based store under the website: www.taobao.com.
- Provided purchasing and shipping services for Chinese clients charging a service fee of 15% product cost.
- Achieved a total sales revenue of 3200 RMB within the first four months of store operation.
Jul 2009 - Sep 2009
- Supported 5 agents daily with following up insurance case details and finalizing auto/home insurance contracts.
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills via office clerical works as phone, fax and online purchases.
- Designed several customized auto insurance packages for clients earning a total revenue up to $700.
Feb 2008 - Sep 2009
Welcome Week Co-Chair / Ambassador, Admit Day Ambassador
- Overlooked 20 Welcome Week Ambassadors to design up to 20 events through 7 days for freshmen of 2014.
- Developed interpersonal skills through communication with potential incoming students and their parents.
Jun 2008 - Feb 2009
- Designed and distributed over 20 flyers, table tents, posters over less than 4 months.
- Improved the attendance for General Body Meetings for more than 100%.
- Minimized the cost of publicity by investigating the printing prices.
- Developed new publicity methods and allocated resources more efficiently.
Feb 2007 - Mar 2007
Direct Observation Unit Assistant
- Redirected 50 messages daily between patients and registered nurses or doctors.
- Assisted 10 patients daily for physical needs such as water, food, lip treatment and more.
- Assisted Registered Nurse to deliver medication or physical therapy to patients.
Jun 2006 - Sep 2006
Customer Service Assistant
- Arranged donations, sheltering and food drives for homeless.
- Planned a protected shelter for domestic violence victim.
- Decorated stadium for Summer Christmas Donation fair.
- Organized 30 food baskets for homeless according to nutritional needs.