One of the largest privately held real estate companies in the Washington, DC metropolitan area with holdings in real estate; commercial, heavy and residential construction; and private equity investments.
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (2009-Present)
Lead role in reengineering the financial accounting department from manual bookkeeping orientation into a dynamic electronic based process business unit.The new system will enhance the financial management of the portfolio and lay the foundation for improved asset management through traditional Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Increase frequency of annual financial closings from semi annual to monthly
- Increase speed of closing process from 40 to 10 days
- Lead Creation of detailed and consolidated financial statements
- Reduce G&A expense by 30% by implementing electronic transfer vs. manual methods
- Implement traditional Financial Planning & Analysis processes
- Standardize Chart of Accounts and categories used across 45 core Real Estate Portfolio
- Review investments in resources for enhancing improvements listed above