Faith, Family and Career
Entrepreneurial, driven, high-energy business development and sales management professional with an exemplary track record of success in the development and implementation of measurable and actionable business development strategies with results-driven execution. Expertise in the development of industry-leading technology and workforce management solutions for clients that attract and retain valued employees while reducing labor, benefit, worker’s compensation, and human resource costs. Exceptional communication skills with the ability to work with diverse groups while inspiring confidence at all levels.
Areas of Expertise
Sales | Business Development | Human Resources | AIRS Certified | Client Retention | Payroll
Agile Scrum Methodologies | Benefits Negotiation & Management | Sarbanes Oxley
HRIS & HRMS | Policy Development | Compensation Analysis | Account Management
Financial Analysis | Union Decertification | Labor Arbitration | DMAC Modified Six Sigma
- Expertise in the development and execution of executive level and business-to-business sales, planning, and business development strategies.
- Proven ability to cultivate professional relationships with hiring officials and candidates at the executive corporate level and retaining staffing for over ten senior executives.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with Agile SCRUM project management practices, leading cross-functional and multi-skilled teams through all phases of a project life cycle.
- Technically savvy business leader with expertise in HRIS and HRMS development, training, and implementation.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of client objectives through the implementation of relationship management tools, initiatives, and organizational structure to meet client demands and drive client retention.
- Proactively assess client’s human resource needs to develop and monitor HR plans that produce positive results and provide a positive impact on Human Resources effectiveness.
- Ability to execute a top-down sales approach targeting C-Level executives with demonstrated success in converting prospects into clients and increasing revenues through effectively up-selling services and products.
- Developed a “Title and Pay” plan for Mazda Motors, creating job descriptions and utilizing Agile Scrum methodologies to establish a job ranking matrix with weighing factors applied to each, creating specific job slots within established pay grades for over 500 jobs.
- Identified technical and managerial talent requirements and led the executive search process for BigBand Networks, a leader in digital video networking. Retained staffing for over ten senior executives that were instrumental leading the efforts to bring the company public, increasing corporate footprint while improving the professional success of all employees.
- Provided recruiting services for DiscoVision, a division of Pioneer Electronics, leading the recruiting efforts to recruit Patent Attorneys and a highly specialized Electronics Engineer with specific and high level qualifications.
- Led and oversaw a six-month project to develop a college graduate intern program for Pioneer Electric with a concentrated effort to source and recruit college graduates to rotate within critical corporate discipline groups (Finance, Marketing, Technical Sales) with a 95% hiring of program participants.
Feb 2002 - Present
Human Resources Business Consultant
In The Loop Networks/Broadband Resources
International and domestic consulting firm focused on providing executive staffing and human resource consultancy to the Telecom industry.
HR Business & Staffing Consultant/Owner
Consult with clients on the development and implementation of industry and staffing best practices within a diverse range of Fortune 500 and small business markets. Capitalize on sound business development and sales acumen to assess and optimize human capital and resources to continually align with evolving business initiatives, workforce demands, and overall profitability targets.
Defined and developed career search strategies for clients, providing guidance throughout the career search process to assist clients in identifying target markets and executing on individual career search plans.
- Responsible for all aspects of business development, leading all client sourcing, engagement, sales, marketing, and customer service strategy development and execution.
- Partial client list includes: Pioneer Electronics, BigBand Networks, DHA Dental, The Gateway Group, The Thornton Group, New Hampshire Fisher Cats, and Professional Employment Networks.
- Skilled in the area of public relations, acting as the first line of contact and guest liaison for VIP suite holders, season ticket holders, and guests of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (AA Affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays).
Jan 1997 - Jun 2002
Director of Human Resources Staffing Consultants
Warren, Morris and Madison
Warren and Morris Ltd., founded in 1983, provides executive search services to selected clients in the communications industry convergence environment working with broadband portals, carriers, content providers, associated technology and new media ventures.
Led and managed a team of staffing consultants charged with the research and consulting of prospective applicants; provided leadership, training, and guidance in day-to-day administrative and consulting functions.
- Recognized as top sales performer for securing $5 million annually by securing retained and contingency fees from an executive search firm engaged in corporate level concerns.
- Led the develpoment and implementation staffing policies and procedures, acting acting as mentor and trainer during the onboarding clients and staffing consultants.
- Leveraged extensive director-level experience to consult on the preparation of job descriptions, career counseling and sales skills training, and performing employee recruitment functions as necessary.
Brought on board as a Human Resources Generalist to serve his CATV clients in a broader interest not just a staffing consultant.
Oct 1994 - Jan 1997
Director of Human Resources
Cox Communications (was Prime Cable)
Cox Communications is a privately owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises and provides digital cable television, telecommunications, and wireless services in the U.S. It is the third largest cable television provider in the U.S. serving more than 6.2 million customers.
Directed human resources operations and staff functions for a 500-employee company, responsible for the formulation and administration of a $3 million operating and $400K capital budget. Led the collaborative efforts of cross-functional teams from customer service, logistics, technical services, marketing, and community relations areas to develop, establish, and enforce consistent business and operating policies throughout the organization while addressing the diverse needs of all employees.
- Spearheaded the design and implementation of an HRIS tool to improve all functional areas within the HR realm including time tracking, payroll, compensation, benefits, health care, and employee development.
Mar 1991 - Oct 1994
Director of Human Resources
Comcast Cable (was Continental Cablevision)
Responsibilities for all Human Resources functions of Six Operational Cable Television facilities In Southern California with over 400 employees.
·Developed Title and Pay Plan, Career Path, Training Programs, Employee Evaluations.
·Expertise in Union avoidance and decertification.
·Create employee evaluation forms and the administrative procedures for their implementation.
·Reduced Workers Compensation reserves and claims 50% in one year using Incentives and training.
·Reduced employee health care cost by (nearly $750k) while maintaining quality coverage by negotiating and selecting a health care provider for all prospective clients.
·Create employee evaluation forms and the administrative procedures for their implementation and tying into Training and Compensation.
Flight Line Emergency Crew
Disaster Preparedness Team
Masters of Human Resouces
Currently Enrolled (expected grad 2014)
Course work for SHRM Certification
Aug 1985 - Jun 1989
BS in Business/Psychology
Ithaca College Scholarship, 1987, 1988, 1989
Presidents Host Committee
Peer Career Counselor
Bureau of Concerts
Nominated “Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities”