Jan 2010 - Present
Resident Teaching Artist
- Works with over 500 students per year in classrooms and community centers throughout the DC, MD and VA area.
- Manages, trains and evaluates the performance of 25 freelance Teaching Artists’.
- Assisted in the creation, development and execution of “District Shakespeare,” an initiative to engage every DCPS Middle and High School with Shakespeare Theatre Company.
- Co-created, facilitates and assists with the management of the “Young Company” afterschool program.
- Leads Professional Development workshops for Teachers throughout the DC, MD and VA area.
- Reports assessment and attendance data for grant purposes.
- Assists with curriculum development for all in school, community and summer programs.
- Facilitates workshops for all school and community outreach programs.
- Assists on company wide fundraising events.
- Assists with the planning and execution of Education Department Events.
- Facilitates “Master Acting Classes” for adults.
2006 - 2010
Lead Teaching Artist
Round House Theatre
- Created curriculum and supervised staff for the Middle School Summer Camp Program.
- Assisted with the development and implementation of “Intersections,” an arts integration program designed to improve literacy for students in third through twelfth grade.
- Facilitated and assisted with the management of the “Heyday Players,” a senior citizen acting troupe.
- Lead workshops for all school and community outreach programs.
- Assisted with the management of “Free For All Friday’s,” a weekly offering of free classes for Pre-K to Adult students.
2008 - 2010
The Diener School
- Taught Drama & Social Interaction classes for Kindergarten through SixthGrade students with severe language based learning differences.
2005 - 2010
Freelance Teaching Artist
- Facilitated workshops and residencies at, Jamestown Elementary School, Encore Stages, Sunrise Academy and Laura Rubinoff & Associates Speech Pathologists.
- Evaluated Teaching Artists effectiveness.
- Assisted with hiring and training of freelance Teaching Artists'.
2004 - 2005
Marketing & Goup Sales Manager
Olney Theatre Center
- Coordinated yearly subscription campaign.
- Identified and cultivated relationships with group ticket buyers.
- Co-managed subscriber seat selection in new performance space.
- Managed group sales budget line.
2003 - 2004
Actor & Workshop Master
National Players, Tour 55
- Oversaw and facilitated workshops throughout the yearlong tour.
- Performed in A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Our Town.
- Assisted with the load in and load out of sets and lights at performance venues across the US.
M.A. (expected graduation Spring 2016)
The Catholic University of America
1999 - 2003
University of Hartford