VP, Systems Portfolio Management
Managed business transformation and technology efforts for investments exceeding $400 million on all property casualty business processes and related systems. Fully transformed system portfolio management practices for this $11 billion P&C insurance unit of the $29 billion Liberty Mutual Group.
- Led/prepared an extensiveportfolio analysis which compiled/documented all agency market core applications. Facilitated an all day workshop for more than 40 business and IT executives identifying all core and redundant applications across all market segments. Enabled the company to identify redundant core applications for elimination, focused spending to maximize portfolio development/minimize maintenance costs, and established organization's first integrated technology roadmap establish by both business and IT.
- With the Safeco acquisition, Liberty's combined IT spend doubled to $450M annually. To create manageable analysis, formalized and deployed five unique technology counsels organized by business requirements (Corporate/Operations, Personal Lines, Commercial Lines, Surety, and Claims). Provided a solid foundation to organize/oversee business and technology objectives based on business and IT partnering, as well as accurately scoped and forecasted delivery capabilities needed to manage customer expectations.
- Established a structured business PMO integrating six sigma methodologies with system development life cycle practices. This combined organization enhanced system portfolio management practices including the development of formal business case methodologies used to support investment decisions/measure success.
- Performed hands-on project management training/mentoring to project management groups in order to establish PM best practices, improve complex project execution, and enhance collaboration between business and IT stakeholders.
- Performed extensive project coaching/direction for four large complex initiatives (Claims-Guidewire, SAP Billing, and two custom Commercial Lines policy administration projects). Improved alignment between associated business objectives and corresponding technology architectures while increasing complex project success rates (from 0% to 100%).
- Prepared and facilitated monthly IT status report presentations to CEO and his directs. These meetings focused on strategic issues/risks that required senior executive direction and guidance.