Award and bonus for "Employee of the Month" while with BLL & Associates, LLC. The award was given for completing a project on schedule and error free.
Competitive Running, Website Design, Graphic Design, Skiing
I have a true passion for business! I have been involved in projects to build & repair computers, data integration, market research & analytics, developing software and websites. Handling several projects on a daily basis is normal. Organized and positive thinking allows me stay on top of items to get the work done. A degree in Computer Science and 10+ years of professional experience in diverse fields leads to a strong foundation for any company seeking a great asset. My dream career is not defined by a title, but the company. I believe companies are like another family and hope a company will adopt me as their own. I will learn whatever I have to learn. I will work as hard as needed with respect to time and efficiency. All I ask is that this company provides a stable, competitive, and challenging environment to master great skills for long term development. I believe things happen for reasons, so please consider me as your reason to believe!
Aug 2008 - Jan 2009
Market Research & Analytics
Summary: Considered a "Jill of All Trades" since I did whatever it took in order to complete the job including: managing the retail store, receptionist, data analytics, customer support, research, managing the sales team while directors were out, or budgets. Market Research:
- Directly reported to VP and COO to company regarding all communities in the Central Florida area. Results were used as part of presentation materials to main investors.
- Worked within RUS boundaries to create new market research areas.
- Developed a process for doing market research which involved acquisition of data, drive testing for line of sight, competitive analysis, and satellite penetration by community.
- Directed team members on projects for market research to meet deadlines.
- Successfully completed first two phases of market research which would have acquired approximately 50,000 new serviceable customers. $1 million dollars in minimum estimated revenue would have been produced.
- Investigated public and private data resources to increase market penetration and create new markets.
- Transformed SQL data dumps to create in-house reports using MS Access and complex SQL queries. Extracted results as input to other reports.
- Extensive cell based programming in MS Excel to create customized reports and graphs. Created complex graphs to identify and fix network problems.
- Successfully implemented a MS Access marketing database to document and report DNS, Out of Coverage, ROI, Event Management, Commissions.
- Pricing study to develop contracts, seasonal plans, and pricing changes.
- Audited 3rd party BOSS system to verify report accuracy with each department specific process flow.
- Identified report integrity issues including data entry process flow to accurately report commissions.
- Trained Directors and Sales team how to properly use the Sales Funnel in IntraISP.
- Created process to audit cancelled customer e-mail accounts.
Marketing Campaign Coordination:
- Established and managed relationships with 3rd party direct marketing firms to execute company objectives within budget.
- Pinpointed areas to improve results of direct marketing efforts and reduce costs.
- Supported sales team & retail store and supplied all marketing literature, lead and event management.
- Managed internal IntraISP system.
- Administrator of all changes and audits of the company website.
- Created Marketing Budget for 2009.
Software Used: IntraISP, WiMAX Technology, Cloudspace Hosting, MS Access 2007, MS Excel 2007, VisualWare, Delorme Atlas Plus (xData)
Nov 2004 - Aug 2008
Office Manager/PC Technician
Crown Information Systems, Inc.
Summary: Repaired computers/laptops, created mass e-mails for promotions, process flow, managed & trained volunteers, removed spyware & viruses, created & maintain website, ad hoc programming, merchandise placement & pricing, and all assigned tasks.
- Manage pricing, product placement, and store design for computer retail store.
- Diagnose and fix desktop/laptop computers for both hardware and software problems.
- Create and maintain all website functionality for www.crowncomputers.biz using Microsoft FrontPage and Visual Studio Web Express with SQL Server Express 2008.
- Develop marketing ideas to drive business for onsite service as well as in store traffic.
- Responsible for all first contact phone support.
Software Used: Microsoft Visual Studio Web Express 2008, FrontPage, MS SQL Server Express 2008, Microsoft Excel 97/2003/2007, Intel Platforms, Windows 98/ME/2000/2003/XP Home & Pro/Vista, QuickBooks
Apr 2003 - Nov 2004
Manager, System Implementation
Mastery Marketing Group, Inc.
Summary: Traveled to different customer sites to support integration of CRM system.
- Developed CRM type system for a multimillion dollar client. This system is currently in several branch offices of the client. The system will be used nationwide after testing is completed.
- Communicated with the senior programming staff on new development and testing issues.
- Analyzed and developed utilities to automate user tasks.
- Worked closely with marketing departments developing technological solutions and creative ideas for direct mail.
- Created analytic reports to show response analysis to direct mail campaigns.
- Implemented techniques for data manipulation and integration from several silos.
- Several projects requiring data transformation and consolidation techniques.
- Worked with hospitality industry doing marketing analysis and automating trend reports.
- Completed user manual for in-house software.
- Worked primarily with FoxPro 5.0 for all database utilities.
- Trained and supported users on software products.
Software Used: Fox Pro 5.0, SQL Queries, HTML, VBA for MS Access
Jul 2002 - Apr 2003
BLL & Associates, LLC
Summary: Gained experience in the development life cycle in a team environment.
- Extensive application development with VBA in Access 97/XP. Communicating with MS SQL Server to run stored procedures in order maintain current and new data.
- Successfully maintain multiple databases for multimillion dollar client.
- Work in a team environment to organize projects and deliverables.
Software Used: VBA for MS Access, Crystal Reports - Data Driven Reports, MS SQL Server 7.0 - Stored Procedures, Queries, Connections, Database Design
May 2001 - Aug 2001
Marketing Operations Intern
Avon Products, Inc.
- Optimized data retrieval/processing on UNIX with SAS companion.
- Simplified VBA code in Excel to run automated quarterly & yearly reports.
- Participated in monthly departmental meetings.
Presented programming research & results to senior Human Resource Software Used: UNIX, SAS, VBA for Excel
St. Louis Community College at Meramec
3.2/4.0, Dean's List
2003 - Present
Bachelor of Science,
Golden Key National Honor Society Academic Scholarship, GPA 2.95/4.0