Jacqueline M. Gatton
2 Roxanne Court, Chico CA. 95928
[email protected] (707)245-0635
California State University, Chico May 2014
Bachelors of Arts: Child Development
Emphasis: Sustainability Studies
Associate Arts: Social and Behavioral Science May 2009
Butte Community College
Clear Lake High School Diploma June 2005
Child Development Experience
Child Development Practice: Children and Families-Chapman Head Start 2/1/2014-Current
- Participate in home-based visits which include building relationships, gathering and sharing information and resources, developing and implementing plans, and reviewing and evaluating services.
- Examine what types of mandated curriculum standards Head Start uses; compose and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum alongside the collaboration of staff.
- Become informed on how a family qualifies for Head Start, and be able to describe additional Support Services offered to families and children.
Child Development Practicum: Associated Students Child Development LabFall 2013
- Behavior Guidance assessment observations
- Developed and implemented personal care routines within the classroom environment
- Provide children with learning experiences that promote their cognitive, social and emotional development.
Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum: Theory to Practice- Chico CA, Circles preschool Spring 2013
- Planning, implementing, and evaluating developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Applied knowledge of children's growth and development to appropriate experiences in the creative arts, play, math, science, literacy, and language.
Chico Outdoor Guides- Chico CA 2013 Current
- Being an outdoor enthusiast and having my own business called Chico Outdoor Guides I have built strong leadership skills, I am able to organize and plan outdoors events, and I work best when I work as a team.
Event Planner/Coordinator-Lake Event Design Lakeport CA 06/10-12/11
- Assigned the tasks of planning, arranging and organizing corporate meetings and events.
- Responsible for providing minute details and valuable inputs to clients on different aspects of the event.
- Planned and implemented external meetings as well as maintained event calendars.
- Handled the responsibilities of creating collateral materials like pamphlets and brochures as well as designed sponsorship booths.
- Assigned the tasks of making recommendations to work processes and managed budgets.
- Demonstrated respect and confidentiality with staff and clients.
Mission Ranch Activity Leader - Chico CA Summer 2008
- Planned and implemented developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Facilitated meaningful conversations and relationships with the children and their families.
- Managed scheduling of monthly calendar activities.
Volunteer Teachers Aide - Upper Lake Elementary 1999-2005
- Prepare lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
- Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
- Distribute tests and homework assignments, and collect them when they are completed.
- Provide extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and mental disabilities.
- Laminate teaching materials to increase their durability under repeated use
Event Planning, Presentation Techniques, and Communication Skills for Calpine Corp:
Event coordinator and material developer for a presentation and event at the Geysers Power Project for Calpine Corporation. The even consisted of managing multiple employees as well as developing the material and presentation for teach employees of Calpine how to plan and present their own events effectively.
Charity Event Planning at Horizon West:
Planner, coordinator and leader of an eight man team for a charity event held by Horizon West Home for the Elderly. The event was held in honor of the Jeremy Blooms Foundation. Duties included coordinating and synchronizing events during the celebration as well as planning ahead of time and ordering necessary materials and arranging for outside contractors for services such as dinning.