Award-winning full service commercial real estate developer of retail and mixed-use properties, nationally recognized for its “Total Concept” approach, integrating deep expertise with strategic vision, creativity, and passion.
Clients included The Goldman Sachs Group, Kamehameha Schools (HI), Capri Capital Advisors, Estate of James Campbell, Teachers Retirement System of Illinois, Faris Lee Investors, and Pritzker Realty Group.
VICE PRESIDENT OF DEVELOPMENT (2000-2008) Benchmarked a seamless client experience leading teams for all development, entitlement, and construction projects, leading to strong client and tenant relationships in both public and private sector development for hire business. Innovated solutions and strategic planning for large scale urban redevelopment projects.
• Secured hard-won approvals in competitions with painstakingly crafted private and public sector RFPs.
• Festival’s point person for all government approvals and funding, and with all partners, clients, and owners.
Landed and directed major complex projects including:
• $170 million (1.2+ million SF) El Centro Huntington Park (CA) retail urban renewal project. (In-house).
• $47 million (227,200 SF) El Monte (CA) mixed-use urban renewal project (In-house).
• $21 million (210,000 SF) Park Place (CA) Shopping Center with pad building (For Hire).
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER / PROJECT MANAGER (1997-2000)
Controlled construction budgets up to $65 million, scheduling, government approvals (incl. EIRs, CUPs, Site Plan Reviews), planning, design, early leasing strategy, and construction for in-house and for-hire projects.
• Key point person with big box retail tenants in negotiating site plans, lease exhibits, store or pad cost, store layout, store design, construction schedule, build out, and store turnover.
• Drafted and refined preliminary soft and hard cost development pro formas and budgets.
Project management included:
• $2.4 million for 3 new pad buildings for 45,000 SF Franciscan Metro Center (CA).
• $1.2 million HomeGoods upgrade/expansion for 203,000 SF, 27-acre Festival at Hyannis (MA) retail center.
• $1.8 million TGIF pad for 625,000 SF, 25-acre Janns MarketPlace (CA) - open-air retail mall.