OmniTech Advisors, Inc., President, 2005 - Present
Strategic development consulting and large-scale technology infrastructure advisory services and operations support to service providers, technology vendors, and enterprises.
Major Engagements -
- Entered and provided network infrastructure leadership to an overwhelmed projectenvironment and provided network infrastructure leadership to meet a critical timeline to design, deploy, and activate a new 100 node IP routing and customer management infrastructure to support 500,000 high speed data customers in 60-days.
- Developed the architecture, product structure, billing elements, platform selection, and financial models of a 4-state metropolitan Ethernet infrastructure to support Voice, Video, and Data services for a Regional Cable operator to aggregate infrastructure services and save 22% of infrastructure operating costs.
Identified unique business development opportunities to increase revenue and subscription base by 2000% to a hosted VoIP/Collaborative Communication service provider in the SMB market.
- Defined market and product for unique voice Disaster Recovery product with global systems integration firm and potential service vendors.
SAIC, Inc., Associate VP / Division Manager, 2002 - 2005
Global Fortune 500 scientific, engineering, and technology applications company focused in government and military sectors with 2008 revenue of $8.9 billion.
- Appointed to serve on the Business Unit Leadership Team and selected as one of the company’s Top-Performers (top 1% of 45,000 employees).
- Secured a multi-million dollar project through a public competitive bid process to perform a Feasibility Study. Developed a complete feasibility study of various technical and business options a municipality may consider to provide fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) infrastructure and services to its citizens. Managed the technical specification, evaluation, market analysis, strategic planning, scenario development, decision support and auditing, architecture, procurement support, supplier negotiation, funding sources and project management processes of a feasibility study. Presented feasibility study to City Council on time and within budget.
- Led proposal and project teams to define the architecture and operations plans and structured proposal responses for large-scale infrastructure projects for public sector clients -
City of Alexandria, VA – Metropolitan Fiber – $2.1M
Fairfax County, VA – Metropolitan Fiber – $22M
Clark County, NV – Secure Enterprise Facility – $600K
City of Houston, TX – VoIP Infrastructure – $3.5M
Baghdad, Iraq – Telecommunication Reconstruction – $75M
New York City – Citywide Wireless Network – $12.5M
Cyneta Networks, Inc., Director Product Management, 2002
TCP-optimization platform for GRPS networks.
- Established a performance baseline and test methodologies necessary to isolate variables and standardize comparisons of TCP behaviors. Documented baseline, methodologies, calculations, and results of TCP optimization benefits on a GPRS network.
- Recommended critical changes to product and market strategies for a TCP optimization service to be viable in the competitive landscape.
BroadbandNow, Inc., CTO / SVP Engineering and Product Development, 1998 - 2001
Innovative broadband access provider (acquired by Ygnition Networks)
- Established and led network engineering, network operations, customer care, and provisioning operations with a $25-million capital and $20-million operating budget.
- Led the research, development, and deployment of new products.
- Deployment of a national IP-over-ATM network across 35 cities in less than 18 months.
- Led OSS specification, vendor selection, and implementation management for customer care and billing operations.
- Facilitated an 18% reduction in service operating costs by establishing a multi-vendor discussion forum to address product limitations in deploying residential broadband services.
- Initiated and expanded a partner development program with Internet content providers and distributed caching services to increase average performance by 35% and reduced costs by 50%.
Bay Networks, Inc. (orig. Wellfleet Communications, Inc.), Principal Consultant, 1993 - 1998
IP / Multiprotocol network router and switch manufacturer. (acquired by Nortel Networks).
- Developed architecture and implemented large-scale multiprotocol data networks for key service provider clients.
- Led consulting team in the expansion of AT&T Worldnet service across the U.S.
Additional professional background includes role as Network Engineer at University of Texas, Account Executive at Stuart James Investment Bankers. Details upon request.