Combined skills and experience gained from Big 4 public accounting, private industry, and executive search/business development. Proven track record of success in developing and managing business relationships. Strong business acumen, ability to influence others, strong analytical and negotiation skills. Polished and professional with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Well organized, multi-task and detail oriented, results driven.
2010 - Present
Senior Corporate Executive Recruiter (Senior Chair Selection Advisor)
Executive recruiter of seasoned CEOs and business entrepreneurs for Vistage Chair opportunities in the Central region of the US. I’m looking for qualified business leaders to facilitate roundtable discussions of C-level executives in a peer group environment A Chair has a commanding presence, excellent communication skills, but even better listening skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Candidate experience & skills I'm interested in are:
- President, former CEO or senior executive with substantial P&L responsibility
- Strong leadership skills, self-confidence and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to listen, probe, challenge, clarify and generate insights in executives
- Ability to challenge senior executives and hold them accountable for actions they’ve committed to
- Availability to dedicate a minimum of one week per group per month
- Strong social and business network
2001 - 2010
Source, evaluate & placement of accounting and finance professionals on a direct hire basis. In this role, I was responsible for identifying business opportunities, building and maintaining strong relationships. This role required a strong understanding of accounting concepts and financial reporting. My clients expected me to fully comprehend their accounting environment in order to evaluate a candidate’s background.
- Manage full life cycle recruiting process including sourcing, interviewing, assessing, and coaching professionals through all stages of hiring process.
- Conduct onsite client visits with hiring managers and talent acquisition professionals to develop an in depth understanding of job responsibilities, ideal candidate profile, work place environment and business culture to deliver optimal candidate compatibility.
- Expertise in discussing and comprehending technical skills required in candidate profile to meet client’s business objectives in complex client organizational structure.
- Gain understanding of candidate skills through in-depth interviews and on-going conversations in order to ensure presentation of well qualified candidates to job orders.
- Utilize and maintain CRM database for existing and potential job orders.
- Recruit top accounting and finance professionals mainly by referrals, networking, online postings and internet sourcing strategies.
- Responsible for preparing candidate for client meetings, providing client feedback, discussing and alleviating concerns, negotiating compensation packages and extending/closing offers in a professional and articulate manor.
- Develop new clients through referrals, networking, cold calls and other marketing efforts.
- Well skilled in managing multiple job orders in an extremely fast paced environment.
1996 - 2001
I was the CFO of RJR Horizons, Inc., which was the holding company that owned and operated 3 technical training centers in San Diego, Inland Empire and Phoenix markets. In that role, I was responsible for all areas of accounting, financial reporting, financial planning, tax, and cash management. Additionally, I prepared analysis and business metric reports, flash reports, and dashboard reports covering areas of sales performance, facility utilization, operational costs, cost per event models, and cost per seat models, and cash forecasting.
- Successfully transitioned and consolidated functions of accounting into centralized department. Implemented internal controls, policies and procedures that dramatically improved timeliness of deliverables and accuracy of data.
- Created value-add relationship between accounting team and sales and operations teams.
- Significantly improved cash retention by implementing expenditure controls and defining spending accountability.
- Managed corporate budgeting process by working with area General Managers in combined top-down and bottom-up approach.
- Reduced month end closing procedures from 45 days to 10 days.
- Created incentive based compensation plans for general, mid-managers and sales force.
1990 - 1996
Audit, Senior Associate
I was an audit senior with Ernst & Young, at first in the Los Angeles office, then transferred to the San Diego office. I learned how accounting transactions need to be properly documented to build a trail for someone to follow. I also learned how to interact at all levels throughout an organization. Additionally, I learned how to manage multiple tasks within a environment that changes priorities quickly, how to excel at client service, and to organize my thoughts and communicate them in a clear and concise manner.
- Performed and supervised engagements from planning and fieldwork through reporting stages.
- Analyzed and provided recommendations to management related to internal controls, business practices and procedures.
- Trained, supervised and evaluated audit team members.
- Prepared and reviewed financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Attained experience with companies reporting to the SEC, including various 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K filings.
- Developed understanding of auditing, financial accounting, reporting requirements and pronouncements.