Exceptional qualifications for marketing communications and event management with more than 7 years of experience.Able to develop communication plans while preparing and managing budgets, campaigns and brand standards. Demonstrates exemplary project management, branding and communication skills.
Apr 2009 - Present
Marketing & Events Specialist
- Develop marketing and branding strategy for the Healthcare and Life Science verticals.
- Manage creative agencies and vendors for campaign development and delivery.
- Create and manage marketing communications elements including: websites, landing pages, white papers, articles, webinars, emails, collateral and events.
- Lead the SciQuest annual conference including branding, creative, logistics, communications plan and agenda (300 attendees and 300k budget).
- Create, recruit and manage all sponsorship elements of the annual conference (more than 75k raised).
Feb 2005 - Jan 2009
Marketing Communications & Events Manager
- Developed marketing plans for product launches to increase growth and brand awareness for the mortgage insurance division (2008 total New Insurance Written was $38 Billion). Led effort to create new electronic newsletter specifically for emerging markets audience and positioned Genworth as a thought leader in this segment. Subscriber base for the newsletter was 14,000 and growing.
- Executed and directed creative elements of print and electronic collateral production.Led effort to create new brand messaging for the entire mortgage insurance division in 2007 with 18-month “MI Hero” Campaign.Elements included event graphics, photography, advertisements, website, electronic announcements, video loop and print collateral.Successfully delivered assets of the campaign in an eight-week window.
- Led more than 40 mortgage insurance domestic and international events.Developed messaging and branding for each event.Managed contract negotiation, site visits, logistic planning and onsite execution.Reduced total expenses for 2008 events by more than 18%.
- Developed theme, message and strategy for the mortgage insurance annual sales meeting.Managed sales meeting logistics for 180 attendees with a budget of more than $380K.
- Created electronic presence for events eliminating need for printed materials and reduced annual expenses by $50K.
- Promoted to Events Manager for the mortgage insurance division November 2007.
Sep 2002 - Sep 2004
- Implemented and managed direct mail campaigns with a monthly average of approximately 209,515 mail pieces and a $60,000 print/postage budget.
- Managed internal training and communication for all marketing promotions (direct mail, bill inserts, radio, telemarketing, events and billboards) for Cable and High Speed Internet.
- Coordinated more than eight annual events for the local market including creating a marketing plan for each event and logistic and on-site management of each event.
- Assisted with go to market product launches for High Definition (HD) Choice Pak, Digital Sports Pak and Digital Video Recorder (DVR).
- Worked with cable programmers (example HBO) to develop co-op marketing campaigns and collateral.
- Assisted with corporate re-branding launch from Time Warner Cable to Bright House Networks
- 2004 Q1 Employee of the Quarter Award.
- Promoted from Marketing Assistant to Marketing Specialist July 2003.
Sep 2001 - Dec 2001
- Sold telecommunications and data service in a defined territory to establish new corporate business.
- Received the New-Hire Sales Training Achievement Award.
Jan 2000 - Aug 2001
- Placed 1st out of 300 sales reps in the Midwest in Nextel Online Competition.
- Sold first worldwide phone and data service in Indiana market.
- Sold both telecommunications and data services to businesses.
- Maintained accounts and generated new business by cold calling and marketing.
Bachelor of Science in Marketing
IndianaUniversity, Bloomington, IN, Bachelor of Science from the Kelley School of Business with a concentration in Marketing.
MaastrichtUniversity, Maastricht, Netherlands, School of Economics: Course work completed in Economics and Inter-Cultural Communications (summer program).