Forcht Bank, N.A., Lexington, Kentucky
- Manage all Bank litigation, including discovery responses, lawsuits, foreclosures, bankruptcies, and settlement negotiations.
- Engage and coordinate with outside counsel to formulate legal strategies in litigation.
- Provide advice and conduct training on laws and regulations that govern lending, collections, foreclosure, and bankruptcy, including TILA/Reg. Z, RESPA, GLBA, SCRA, FDCPA, FCRA/FACTA, UDAAP, and CFPB policies.
- Prepare and update Bank policies and procedures regarding lending, collections, litigation, and bankruptcy to ensure compliance with state and federal consumer finance law.
- Serve as primary point of contact for outside counsel.
- Respond to subpoenas, summonses, and administrative complaints served upon the Bank.
- Manage reputational risk posed in connection with litigation.
- Reduced legal costs by over $150,000.00 since 2012 in part by handling routine legal work in-house and negotiating work-outs and payment plans with borrowers to avoid litigation.
- Provide information regarding statutory and regulatory reforms, as well analysis of proposed legislation that impacts financial institutions.
- Analyze proposed financial products and marketing campaigns.
- Review and negotiate third-party vendor contracts on behalf of the Bank.
- Monitor delinquent loans and collection efforts, analyze requests for charge-offs, credit downgrades or upgrades, Troubled Debt Restructures, and Work-Out Proposals, as well as manage Other Real Estate Owned (OREO) by the Bank.
- Tender a monthly review of litigation activity to senior management.