Latham & Watkins LLP
- Develop, test, and implement novel tools to expand current knowledge management system (e.g., named- entity and keyword extraction).
- Deploy named-entity extraction software in an operational setting. Integrate software into newly created document processing workflow.
- Apply latent semantic analysis (LSA) to quantify text documents (e.g., client satisfaction evaluations) and locate documents with semantic similarities.
- Build web-scraping tool to extract online news content and site-specific content for competitive intelligence database.
- Liaise with and create presentations and visualizations for Executive Committee members.
- Merged and analyzed disparate datasets to produce actionable intelligence (e.g., identified new domes- tic/foreign legal markets with client billing data and open-source datasets).
- Detected anomalies in document download patterns of sensitive client data based upon individual’s unique document download profile (internal compliance).
- Analyzed timecard data to identify timecard leakage and lost revenue for the firm.
- Determined which law schools produce the highest performing first year associates.
- Analyze employee attendance to inform Executive Committee of firm's real-estate needs.
- Evaluate firm’s travel data to better understand geographic needs, travel costs, and possible “green” initiatives.