Began a long tenure with the company as a staff auditor and was promoted into numerous management roles over the years with areas of focus on audit, global capital markets, and professional practice. Diverse financial and business experience accrued from having worked with a broad range of companies in terms of size, industry, and geographic scope. Developed significant focus on technology companies, including emerging software and biotech entities as well as large international software and technology entities.
Partner, Moscow, Russia July 2007 - January 2009
Senior Manager, Moscow, Russia January 2007 - June 2007
Senior Manager, Dublin, Ireland July 2004 - December 2006
Manager / Senior Manager, Munich and Frankfurt am Main, Germany September 2001 - June 2004
Staff to Manager, Boston, MA, USA August 1995 - August 2001
Gained direct audit engagement experience as well as US GAAP and SEC technical expertise serving international companies reporting under or reconciling to US GAAP.
Served as audit team member on various local clients and subsidiaries of large multi-national, both public and private, reporting under US GAAP, IFRS, and local GAAP.
- Oversaw multiple concurrent audits or client projects that ranged from five to ten professionals per team involving from 200 to 5,000 hours each.
- Maintained client relations for engagements to ensure professional and timely services.
- Coordinated different teams in various offices in multiple disciplines, including audit, tax, transaction advisory, and IT auditors.
- Managed engagement budgets, invoicing, and profitability for USD 2.8 million in professional fees.
- Dealt with a variety of client issues including annual reporting, reconciliation to US GAAP, and conversions, particularly for SEC clients.
Participated in engagements that involved Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404 implementation and procedures, and internal and external reporting that included evaluation of internal controls and communication of weaknesses.
Acquired significant knowledge about taxation, financing, internal reporting, and operations for entities operating in various international jurisdictions.
Gained experience in consulting with clients in acquisition transactions, due diligence reviews, purchase date audits, and consultations surrounding business combinations.
Researched and interpreted recently-issued and existing accounting standards, and assisted client personnel with the implementation of such standards.
Assisted in the identification of opportunities and proposal of firm services to new and existing clients.
Global Capital Markets
Assisted audit teams and clients performing cross-border transactions, both equity (primary and secondary) and debt, into the US and/or Europe ranging from gross proceeds of USD 100 million to USD 1.75 billion.
- Specialized in US GAAP, US SEC, Rule 144A, and EU Directive reporting requirements.
- Assisted in the preparation and review of prospectuses, comfort letters and related procedures.
- Liaised with underwriters and legal counsel through the different stages of transactions, including auditor due diligence meetings.
Worked with audit teams on US GAAP, US GAAS, and SEC requirements for non-US companies that were publicly listed in the USA (both domestic filers and foreign private issuers).
- Performed quality reviews of audits to ensure compliance with firm, PCAOB and SEC audit requirements.
- Reviewed annual filings to ensure compliance with US SEC and US GAAP annual reporting requirements.
Assisted in developing policies, procedures, databases and related checklists (EU directive disclosure requirements and quality review requirements) associated with capital market transactions in Europe.
Professional Practice Group
Performed or managed consultations on highly technical and complex accounting and financial reporting issues encountered by clients and engagement teams, or as a member of the engagement team.
- Consultation topics included, but were not limited to: revenue recognition, share-based compensation, consolidation matters, debt instruments, US SEC comment letter and PCAOB findings, responses, and independence matters.
- Worked directly with Ernst & Young's US National Accounting Office on various client technical consultations.
Prepared and taught various technical accounting courses internally and externally, primarily on US GAAP, including topics such as revenue recognition (general and software) and share-based compensation.
Participated in Ernst & Young's Global Audit Quality Review program for US foreign private issuers.
Undertook audit risk management and professional practice integration of former Andersen US SEC clients in Europe.
Participated in recruitment events and interview sessions.