Sep 2009 - Present
Conference Services Coordinator
- Soliciting events and groups through leads and cold calling.
- Planning and execution of banquet events as property contact for onsite conveners.
- Supporting the Sales Managers team with property site inspections and administrative duties.
- Complete the daily billing for the conference centre while working closely with the property accountant to ensure revenues are allocated correctly.
- Assisting in annual budgeting and monthly catering forecasting.
- Social Media Champion for the hotel property.
- Coordination between the hotel property and the contracted banquets and maintenance departments.
Sep 2003 - Sep 2008
Rooms Division Manager
- Hotel sales contracting, promotions, marketing and site inspections.
- Preparing and monitoring monthly and annual sales budgets and goals.
- Attending tourism conventions such as; Canada’s West Marketplace, Rendezvous and Mountain Travel Symposium.
- Preparing Accounts Payable and Receivable.
- Bi-weekly payroll preparation
Sep 2002 - Sep 2003
- Preparation of daily financial reports for all departments, including updated budget reports.
- Balancing of guest and general ledgers and outlet accounts.
- Preparation of daily bank deposits.
Apr 2002 - Sep 2002
Front Office Supervisor
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and directing all front office staff.
- Handled all guest concerns, while keeping the guests and the properties best interest in mind.
- Provided duty manager support when other resort managers were unavailable.
- Conducted site inspections of the property to potential guests and sales partners.
- Worked closely with the General Manager monitoring budgets and achieving monthly and yearly sales goals.
Jan 2011 - Present
Oct 2006 - Oct 2006
Alberta Best Seminar Facilitator
The Alberta Hotel and Lodging Association