I connect people, ideas, and brands.
Sep 2000 - May 2005
Bachelors of Arts
Miami University's - Black World Studies department offers a unique opportunity for students to enhance their understanding of the historical, social, economic and political experiences as well as the values, orientations and cultural expressions of Africans and people of African descent in the U.S. and throughout the world. It focuses as well on the changing constructions of race, class, and gender in local and global contexts.
Dec 2008 - Present
Marketing & Engagement Manager
- Designed and managed social media branding, marketing strategies and engagement used to increase awareness, drive site traffic, establish industry expertise, and voice.
- Generated 5,396 Unique Visitors/month, 1 hour and 24 mins average time on site, and Technorati Ranking of 421.
- Maintained social networks presence: Twitter (1,241 followers), Facebook Fan Page (1,000+ Fans),
- Directed team of Social Media Designers, that delivered the business design, technical design, development, and testing.
- Trained staff on cross-platform social media initiative used to focus on niche markets and increase audience size.
Oct 2010 - Present
Authentic New Media
- Created digital strategies built around social interaction, engagement, brand advocacy, and community building.
- Manage day-to-day operation including sales, accounting, copy-writing, and digital strategy.
- Developed a portfolio of clients in industries including quick service restaurants, advertising, apparel, and non-profit.
May 2011 - Aug 2011
Brand Manager / Digital Strategist
- Prepared client briefs based on business questions.
- Acted as a liaison between client and agency.
- Lead the production of 30 second YouTube commercial for a regional body care line.
- Prepared integrated marketing communication strategy for mobile application launch.
- Produced digital strategy for a new weekly web-series entitled “The Us” and earned 800 views and a Google partnership in less that two weeks.
Jun 2007 - Oct 2010
6/2007 – 10/2010
- Instituted company-wide lead generation system that drives simplification in the organization’s primary source of recruitment, and which, since its inception, accounts for over 50% of total internal employment referrals.
- Recognized as a 2008 and 2009 top ranking recruiter (2nd out of 13) via the creation of innovative social media outlets that increased productivity, company visibility via the newly established networks, and expansion of applicant databases.
6/2007 – 8/2008
- Ranked 3rd of 50 sales representatives through the negotiation of contracts with 29 customers yielding $81,614 in revenues and a 13.34% profit margin.
- Conducted market analyses that resulted in robust strategic plans for increasing market share, developing diverse customer relationships, and securing a sustained profitable portfolio.
Aug 2006 - Aug 2009
8/2006 – 8/2009
- Generated brand loyalty, completed market research, and executed marketing plan that yielded 31 profitable events and $102,000 in gross revenue.
- Designed bi-monthly social media and email campaign resulting in database of over 5,000 clients and supporters.
- Increased brand awareness by using past performance, historical data, and customer analyses to negotiated contracts with Swedish Fish, 7 Models Agency, and NBC TV series “The Apprentice”.
Jan 2005 - Aug 2006
- Achieved 23% sales increase in territory through the creation and management of relationships with over 300 clients, and execution of strategic plans and market analyses to maintain relevancy in product / service offerings.
- Maximized market penetration via the execution of customer-driven programs that leveraged knowledge on local / national safety code regulations to develop tailored product solutions for client compliance with industry standards.
5/2001 – 1/2005
- Engineered specialized equipment, training, and marketing for innovative service program that grossed $3 million.
- Restructured nationwide shipping standards through order consolidation saving $6 million.
- Coordinated ten Six Sigma Green Belt projects across four regions and 10 branches.
- Used open communication, goal setting, recognition, and rewards to manage 20 factory employees.