Senior Systems Administrator/Developer
Straus Digital Media
- Expanded my traditional role as a strong IT generalist by joining the development team while still maintaining the entire IT infrastructure.
- Worked in Django/Python, PostgreSQL and various of FOSS technologies on top of Linux, VMware, and Amazon AWS/EC2.
- Designed and built-out a Linux-based IT infrastructure on VMware and EC2 for a web startup(dev, staging, prod)
- Developed backend of main web product in Django, PostgreSQL, gunicorn, Apache, Fabric, South, Celery, using Agile, test driven development practices
- Wrote a mass email sending infrastructure that adhered to industry best practices and designed the bounce/spam processing layers to keep deliverability above 99+% to inbox