MA, Organization Theory & Management, 1996-1998
BS, Accounting, 2009– 2010
BBA, Finance & Management, 1987-1991
● As CFO, assisted CEO in preparing company for sale to eventual buyer Jupiter Media (JUPM) in consolidating industry Rights-Managed Photography. ● Completed due diligence with Jupiter’s auditor Deloitte under confidentiality for 6 months. ● Directed and provided leadership for financial management, information systems (IT), accounting, tax, compliance, insurance, compensation, operations, procurement, human resources and the executive team. ● Key Achievements included introducing core business development strategies and key controls that returned the company to profitability after a two-year negative trend. ● Managed Company to profitability by initiating a cost savings of $2 million in expenses by renegotiating existing contracts and eliminating redundancies. ● As a result the company lower prices to gain competitive advantages over rivals.
• Successfully designed, implemented and deployed Project Management System for Marketing Services firm using Salesforce.com and Google Apps. ● Created forecasting and sales modeling processes using SaaS CRM and ERP tools enabling the company to identify, collect and collaborate how team members win business for company. ● Redesigned benefit system to reflect current times enabling our small company to offer a large company’s benefit package reducing cost for company & employee while increasing benefit levels. ● Created consistent quoting system for service pricing and product integrity. ● Trained staff and upgraded technologies to current standards including becoming the firm's resource for social marketing and tech issues ● Firm Clients included Sun Microsystems, Google, VMWare, Cisco & Symantic.
● Food Services and Facilities Maintenance Contractor for Arizona State University. ● Recruited from Hotel Division to secure and direct business and financial operations for $10.5 million service contract that included 24 business units and 550 employees. ● Managed P&L, accounting, and administrative activities for 24 distinct businesses. ● Analyzed risk for new units. ● Prepared business plans and forecasts. Created consolidated Multi-Unit reporting. ● Reviewed fiscal variances and drove profitability by mentoring managers with cost controls. ● Supervised, coached, and motivated a team of 26 direct reports and used 5 accounting systems. ● Led HR and employee benefits administration. ● I started my career with Marriott in the Hotel division for 3 years. Operations Manager at the Phoenix Mesa Location was last post. ● Hotel Ranked Top Ten in Customer Satisfaction.
● The first time I worked at Clancy and company, I served in diversified role to meet full range of accounting tasks for clients including general ledger, statement preparation, and tax preparation. ● Prepared and filed SEC reports using the Edgar online portal. ● Contributed to client satisfaction and retention by providing expertise in information systems design and implementation. ● This past year and a half I filled as Firm Manager collecting, compiling, & evaluating client information for tax preparation based on historical filings. ● Researched tax law changes to ensure compliance with current tax code. ● Implemented change in Tax software and brought the firm up to date to allow for electronic filings with IRS. ● Supported audit staff when needed. Installed new software at client sites and conducting training.
● Created accounting controls and infrastructure for $35MM Participation Media & advertising delivery company. ● Saved the company $100K by streamlining vendors and eliminating waste in first 90 days. ● Responsible for all cash flow forecasting, budgeting, and internal & external reporting. ● Managed audit, key vendor, insurance, banking & parent (UK) company relationships. ● Model financial need of new business partnerships and acquisitions. ● Increased insurance coverage in all categories while saving the company $42K. ● Implemented a human resource department including a 360 degree feedback process and rebuilt all personnel data to comply with updated laws. ● Built new financial statement reporting mechanism and schedule of reporting to the board of directors
● Directed all financial accounting functions for perent company and 2 subsidiaries. ● Hollywood Partners was a public internet marketing & sweepstakes/promotion company connecting products with consumers through sweepstakes, movies, and other Hollywood intellectual properties. ● Visionary Brands was a food distribution company that licensed movie tie-ins such as the Wizard of OZ for its candy, marshmallow, & tea labels for grocery store sale. ● Vitafort International was the parent company for public (OTC) web based marketing company that connects products with consumers through sweepstakes, movies, and other Hollywood intellectual properties. ● Directed month end GL closing processes, reconciliations, inter company transactions, eliminations & accruals with preparation and filing of all 10Q and 10K filings. ● Managed audit relationship with Big 8 accounting firm BDO Seidman. ● Other responsibility areas encompassed compliance, payroll and HR functions.
ASP is a non-profit professional society whose mission is to help people and organizations to succeed through improved strategic thinking, planning and action.
Transitioned Workbook, Inc's accounting and systems over to Jupiter's IT Infrastructure & completed final GAAP statements converting them from a historical tax-basis.
Responsible for hard month end close resulting in generation and preparation of financial statements with multiple audiences as the end users of the data.
Doctor Dox is a consumer web facing technology that manages consumers PHR's by helping them solve challenges that face 85 percent of patient care provided by doctors, nurses, patients, & care providers.