Communications & E-Commerce Research & Training
Broadband & E-commerce Center, University Wisconsin-Extension
Statewide project addressing the broadband digital divide. Work in this position covered two phases.
Phase I: Director of Communications for $47M federal (ARRA) grants project addressing broadband physical infrastructure (four WI communities) and digital divide outreach and education (five WI communities).
- Researched, developed, deployed, and managed strategic multi-channel communications and marketing initiatives to meet the objectives for statewide outreach to boost broadband subscriber rates. Met federal grant metric of adding 23,500+ subscribers in 1.5 years.
- Coordinated statewide outreach and education efforts with community educators in five communities.
- Developed and implemented web, social media presence for the initiative.
- Project won the 2011 Wisconsin Rural Partners Top Economic Development Project
Phase II: Communications Manager/Online Trainer for start-up Center following successful grant completion.
- Helped launch start-up including Center set up, staff hires.
- Created innovative e-commerce trainings for small and mid-size businesses across WI: 8 communities, 144 businesses in 3 pilot projects. Roles: project manager, trainer.
- Maintained communications for Center (online, offline; intra- and extra-organization), supporting outreach into 35+ rural communities statewide; included bi-monthly e-newsletter (1,100 recipients, 27% open rate); Twitter (@WI_Broadband), YouTube (@WI_Broadband1), SlideShare (@WI_Broadband), website (uwex.edu).