Hardworking and passionate GVSU graduate actively seeking a challenging and fulfilling position in the entertainment industry.
* Academic training in film & video production, public relations, and advertising
* Hands-on experience with video and audio production equipment
* 5+ years experience performing clerical tasks in an office setting
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and WordPress
* Design and editing experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, and ProTools
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
Aug 2007 - Dec 2011
Film & Video Production
Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Deans List: 2007 – 2011
Related Coursework: Media Production, Audio Production, Digital Post Production, Scriptwriting, 16 mm film production, Technology in Advertising and PR, Copywriting, Ad and PR Management, Research Methods, Computer Science, Statistics, Communication Theories...
Sep 2015 - Dec 2015
Work as an assistant for a design studio that creates interactive media installations for museums and public spaces. Provide clerical and creative support in a fast-paced environment.
- Managing web content (CMS)
- Providing thoughtful client hospitality
- Creating expense reports
- Assisting operations team with promoting company culture and events
- Photoshopping graphics
Mar 2013 - Feb 2015
Street Team Video Producer
Work to help promote events and the station in the Metro Detroit area by producing, shooting, and editing videos to post online at CWDetroit.com.
- Filming community events
- Writing blogs using WordPress
- Conducting interviews
- Compiling and editing footage in FCP
- Posting photos and videos to social media
Nov 2014 - Nov 2014
Liberty's Secret Feature Film
Work as a set and art department assistant on the movie musical “Liberty’s Secret”, directed by University of Michigan Professor Andy Kirshner.
May 2014 - Sep 2014
Production Assistant/Production Coordinator (2nd Unit)
MT2 Productions, LLC
Work as a set assistant during principle photography of the science fiction film “Moontrap: Target Earth” and a production coordinator for the 2nd unit shoot.
- Assisting the 2nd AD
- Organizing 2nd unit shoot
- Escorting talent to set
- Managing location
- Organizing crew info/call sheets
- Assisting director during post production
Aug 2014 - Aug 2014
Work as a set assistant during principle photography of the science fiction film “Infinite”.
Jun 2014 - Jul 2014
Ask Partha, LLC
Work as an assistant during the pre-production and production phases of the nationally broadcast medical lifestyle talk show “Ask Dr. Nandi”.
- Calling and booking show guests
- Creating show graphics in Photoshop
- Arranging guest travel/hotel needs
- Checking in/out guests
- Organizing show bumpers
- Assisting with on set needs during tapings
May 2007 - Jan 2013
Work as an assistant to the office manager at a broaching company. Responsible for completing important daily tasks on time.
- Answering phones
- Creating and closing sales orders
- Organizing customer job files
- Organizing shipping of packages
- Working with Global Shop software
- Organizing data in Excel
Sep 2011 - Dec 2011
Program Development and Production Intern
Responsible for contributing to the research involved in developing and creating a television program. Balanced time assisting with various pre-production and production needs for two different shows, CMT’s Top 20 Countdown and #1 Music and a Movie. Had the opportunity to interact with and learn from several talented producers, directors, writers, and executives in a well-established corporate environment.
- Researching artists and locations for CMT’sTop 20 Countdown
- Updating the show’s imdb.com page, master countdown list, and research guide
- Purchasing and organizing craft services for weekly show tapings
- Taking timecode notes on b-roll
- Creating cue sheets using the online program “Q”
- Brainstorming ‘#1’ ideas and categories for #1 Music and a Movie
- Logging show tapes and interviews into the master database
Sep 2010 - Dec 2010
GVSU Summer Film Project - "Horizontal Accidents"
Worked with a small team to edit GVSU's professionally directed summer film project, Horizontal Accidents (2011).