- Auburn ME
- Seasoned communications professional with 15 years of experience leading internal and external communications teams and programs in corporate and agency environments.
- Expert in communication strategy and tactical execution. Proven ability to counsel C-level executives and influence stakeholder audiences to drive to desired business and communications outcomes.
Public Relations Manager
May 2007 - Nov 2011
TD BANK, AMERICA'S MOST CONVENIENT BANK
Over a period of nearly nine years in roles of increasing responsibility, manage the corporate communications function and programs for three core business units, overseeing a $700K budget and 3-member team. Direct all aspects of these communications programs, including strategy, executive visibility, content management, and media relations, to influence business outcomes. Partner with broad and diverse stakeholders to develop, build consensus on, and implement communications strategies. Partner with remote and international communications teams to ensure global alignment of strategies and messaging.
- Developed, launched and executed the first-ever integrated communications programs for multiple lines of business
- Developed and implemented first-ever content strategies across diverse channels, including print and online media internal and external social media platforms, and intranets, using bylined articles, blogs, chats, speeches, infographics, and videos
- Developed and coordinated thought leadership-driven content campaigns for senior leaders, increasing media impressions by 300 percent over the course of two years
- Co-led the communications integration and bank rebranding communications process following the largest acquisition and merger in the company's history
- As part of the department's leadership team, shaped and led the department's own transformation from a traditional writing shop model to a trusted strategic advisor model
Senior Account Executive
Jun 2003 - May 2007
THE VIA GROUP
Full-service advertising, marketing and PR agency, Portland, Maine
Over a period of nearly four years, developed and executed media relations campaigns for a variety of B2B and B2C clients.
- Served as PR team lead on a number of high-profile accounts, including TD Bank, Dunkin' Donuts, Adams Harkness Investment Advisors
- Consistently delivered goal-surpassing campaign results leading to retention of existing clients and recruitment of new business for the agency
- Developed and executed national, local and vertical media relations strategies and content tactics, including news releases, press conferences, media pitches, bylined articles to secure impactful news coverage
Jul 2001 - Jun 2003
NANCY MARSHALL COMMUNICATIONS
Local PR agency, Augusta, Maine
Served as primary point of contact for a number of State of Maine and private industry clients; developed and executed media relations strategies and tactics; wrote newsletters, articles, press releases
1997 - 2001
Major in English
TD BANK CORPORATE DIVERSITY COUNCIL, Cherry Hill, N.J.
Member, Individuals with Disabilities Committee, April 2014 – Present
TD BANK CORPORATE & SPECIALTY BANKING DIVERSITY COUNCIL, New York, N.Y.
Council Partner, March 2014 – Present
EQUIPMENT LEASING AND FINANCE ASSOCIATION, Washington, D.C.
Member, Communications Committee, January 2013 – December 2015