Short-Term Goals (2-5 Years)
- Seek employment or volunteer opportunities at an organization that will allow me to gain the experience needed in my future career as a Registered Dietitian (RD).
- Obtain Bachelors of Science degree.
- Apply and be accepted for a Dietetic Internship.
- Become an active member in my local La Leche League chapter, earning Leadership status, and starting a monthly evening support group for working moms who breastfeed.
Long-Term Goals (5-10 Years)
- Pass the Registered Dietitian exam and become licensed in the state of Alabama.
- Become an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) to support mothers having difficulty breastfeeding.
- Earn a position in an organization where I can utilize my knowledge as both an RD and IBCLC, such as WIC or at a local hospital.