Strategy & Marketing Director
Lafarge Gypsum South Africa
Reporting to the Managing Director & the Corporate EVP Marketing, responsible for the introducing strategic business planning into the business, product innovation, performance management & for the development & implementation of marketing plans for a €55M (CAD $90M) business with a mine, 2 manufacturing plants, 2K SKU’s and 26 distribution facilities. Member of a 7 person Executive Committee responsible for P&L and member of the Board of Directors. Managed a team of 7 direct reports.
• Introduced strategic planning
• Delivered the first marketing plan, market segmentation and defined product and service offerings which resulted in sales increases of 72%, volumes increases of 99% and 14% increase in market share over 3 years in a highly competitive market.
• Planned and developed channel marketing strategies to accommodate the capacity increase generated by new local manufacturing.
• Led global pilot to define, design &implement new product brand strategy.
• Refocused &led innovation program; reduced product launch time by 50%, increased sales from innovation from 18% to 38% making the business the 4th largest global contributor to corporate innovation target.
• Led cross-company performance improvement program, focused on Sales Force Effectiveness, Innovation, Product Quality, Safety, Logistics and Administration, delivering increased customer satisfaction ratings year over year.
• Launched a world-class training center providing support to 500 local contractors annually, upgrading skills to meet local and international standards; became a benchmark for Lafarge worldwide.
• Led post merger integration and supported Managing Director on diverse projects for corporate head office.
• Developed & led crisis management and communications in response to a major incident.
• Restructured sales & marketing function, developed the succession plan recently implemented.