I am a writer and editor with more than 11 year's worth of experience in journalism, public relations and marketing. My strengths include:
- Writing for ad agencies, public corporations, non-profits, newspapers and magazines.
- Copy editing for ad agencies, public corporations, non-profits, newspapers and magazines.
- The versatility and organizational skills needed to juggle multiple assignments and make tight deadlines.
- The ability to research complex issues and concisely and persuasively communicate them to target audiences.
Computer software skills include:
- QuarkXPress, InDesign, PageMaker (newspaper and magazine page design
- Dreamweaver, customized web programs (writing, editing and updating Web sites)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (writing, data entry, presentations)
- Final Cut Pro, Pinnacle Systems (video editing)
- Vocus (Public Relations media pitching).
As a reporter and editor for two newspapers in North Carolina, I demonstrated the versatility to write breaking news stories and features off a regular beat, design award-winning layouts and create web-exclusive features like videos and blogs.
In the past two years, I added marketing and public relations experience to my resume while attending graduate school. Those experiences – which came at two advertising agencies, a non-profit and a publically traded corporation – gave me an opportunity to develop story pitches for clients, write and edit a bi-monthly e-newsletter, and assist in the creation of results-oriented, strategic campaigns.
I’ve spent the past four months at Neiman Group, an award-winning advertising/public affairs agency in Harrisburg, Pa., where I’ve worked with clients in the nuclear energy and health care fields.