Sr. Technical Recruiter
Senior Technical Recruiter for a privately owned IT consulting company with locations in Novi, MI, Dallas, TX, and Raleigh, NC. Recruiting for clients in industries such as insurance, finance, banking, government, energy, marketing, communications, advertising, management consulting, automotive, and higher education.
- Conducted face-to-face and telephone interviews, worked with candidates through the entire hiring life cycle including sourcing, interviewing, technical assessments, marketing, offer negotiation, and on-boarding.
- Performed pre-employment screening including technical tests, background checks, reference checks and drug tests.
- Identified candidates through various sources such as an existing candidate database, referrals, networking, internet research, social media, job boards and postings, cold calling, and third party agencies.
- Maintained a queue of active, passive, and potential candidates. Developed strong relationships with candidates to assist in both short term and long term job searches.
- Utilized MS Dynamics CRM as a candidate/employee tracking system to maintain candidates, perform skill searches, and maintain documentation.
- Interfaced with Sales and Marketing team, and clients to match potential candidates to existing openings.
- Wrote position descriptions, placed employment advertisements on internet sites and job boards, newspapers, on public and private databases, attended job fairs. Reformatted and wrote candidate resumes in company format.
- Assisted Sales and Marketing staff in submitting resumes to clients via vendor management systems and other means.
- Consistently recruited and hired the highest volume of candidates.
- Researched and implemented non-traditional, cost saving methods of sourcing candidates such as recruiting blogs, Social Networking, and free job posting sites.
- Maintained a positive Web footprint on behalf of the company using various Social Networking tools.
- Created recruitment marketing materials, web sites, blog, and Social Networking presence.
- Used Excel to maintain metrics showing interview-to-placement ratios to identify where the greatest success rates originated including initial source, duration candidate has been in the system, Account Manager, client, and whether candidate was interviewed inside or outside of the office.
- Created and maintain a Michigan IT blog http://michigan-it.blogspot.com/ to assist job hunters and provide personal thoughts on the Information Technologies climate in the southeast Michigan area.
- Created and maintained a separate web site http://halogroupcareers.blogspot.com/ to post and manage job openings and provide candidates easy access to new opportunities.