Norstan Consulting was formed to combine a number of acquired regional technology consulting ventures. The firm provided a wide range of software development and networking consulting services.
Division Controller, Norstan Consulting: The role was newly created to serve the financial needs of two of three regions. Responsible for finance and customer agreement negotiation. Reported to VP of Business Operations.
• Developed and managed $90M financial plan to consolidate merged sister firms in domain regions.
• Developed comprehensive planning package for all 15 units, trained sister-company controllers, and managed $120M full consolidated roll-up.
• Developed and implemented first comprehensive customer agreement process; trained sales and service employees; and managed the agreement process.
Controller, Connect Computer: The role was newly created to address numerous growth and scale challenges. Responsible for finance and customer agreement negotiation. Reported to VP Finance and VP of Business Operations.
• Developed and managed a $65M financial plan for all eight branches and HQ functions.
• Vastly improved the visibility and predictability of performance with first forecast system - which contributed heavily to full achievement of financial goals.
• Developed a variety of tools and processes to help non-financial operations managers more effectively manage their business unit's performance to acheive plan goals.
• Negotiated about 50customer agreements.