Social Studies Teacher
Monarch High School
- Responsible for teaching six class periods each day out of seven total periods.
- Manage and facilitate academic growth for nearly 200 students annually through the creation of dynamic lesson plans, student collaboration strategies, and application of timely and constructive feedback.
- Prepare high level students for college-level thinking, organization, and writing through the instruction of Advanced Placement World History and Advanced Placement European History courses.
- Create and construct the curriculum for World Religions and Contemporary History elective courses.
- Instruct regular and honors level classes in World History, American History, World Cultures and Human Geography, Psychology and Law Studies.
- Serve as team leader for the Social Studies Department Advanced Placement Professional Learning Community.
- Facilitate sharing of data and best practices among the teachers of Advanced Placement classes in the Social Studies Department.
- Collect, organize, and transmit assessment data between the Professional Learning Community and school administration.
- Rated a "Highly Effective" teacher by Broward Public Schools and Monarch High School administration based on observations of classroom instructional practices, construction and execution of professional growth plans, and student growth data for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Exceeded the national pass rate and placed among the top ten pass rates among Broward Public Schools teachers for AP World History for the past two years.