Treasurer and Vice President, Investor Relations
Responsibilities have included: Treasury, Capital Markets, Investor Relations, Risk Management, Financial Planning and Analysis, Retirement Plans. Reports to CFO.
- Raised over $1 billion in public and bank debt including company's first high yield bond issue, which included one week cross country road show
- Implemented enterprise wide covenant representation and compliance system
- Lead and manage relationships with ratings agencies, bond analysts and bond investors
- Won 2006 Association of Financial Professionals’ award: Treasury as a Strategic Partner
- Managing all aspects of investor relations, includingi primary contact for shareholders; responsible for targeting and communications
- Plan and lead road shows, investor conferences, earnings calls and investor calls
Operating / Cash Flow Efficiencies
- Established efficiency reviews of business units and processes to achieve best-practice results in customer-to-cash and procure-to-pay cycles
- Restructured Treasury operations for operating efficiencies reducing costs by over $1M in 3 years
- Managing and enhancing best in class $1.5 billion unbundled defined contribution retirement plan; finalist for PlanSponsor magazine's 2011 Large Public Plan of the year award
- Led establishment and on-going maintenance of enterprise-wide business continuity plans
- Oversaw treasury’s set-up and on-going reporting of Sarbanes Oxley section 404 compliance.
- Financial advisor to $700 million acquisition integration team responsible for delivering over $30 million in annual savings.
- Primary company contact with Finance Committee. Advise the Finance Committee on the full spectrum of financing and capital structure alternatives, as well as material capital expenditure requests and share repurchases.
- Developed interactive capital planning tool and used it to walk Finance Committee through strategic capital structure options and implications.
- Set Finance Committee agenda; create and distribute meeting material; take and issue minutes.
- Communicate cash flow projections and covenant compliance.
- Advised Board on alternatives and recommendation regarding a change in dividend rate, leading to a decrease in dividends.
- Communicate to the Finance and Audit Committes financial projections to be used for ratings agencies, insurance coverage and performance.
- Researched and drafted significant Finance Committe charter revision.
- Led enterprise planning, forecasting and budgeting process; automated balance sheet and cash flow forecasting.
- Led enterprise budgeting process which culminated in actionable plans to drive EPS growth despite sever economic environment.
- Led implementation of rolling forecast infrastructure with goal of eventually eliminating annual budgeting process.
- Key contributor in development off cross-border intellectual property strategy to optimize tax rate and international cash movement.
- Serving on Disclosure Committee reviewing al material SEC disclosure obligations
- Lead annual report creation; lead planning and execution of annual shareholder meeting