Global Media Strategy
Develop and implement corporate-level communications and product public relations, executive communications, training, issues, and financial communications, as well as government and community relations. Several engagements led to full-time, in-house communications leadership positions. Selected assignments include:
- Silicon Valley Association of Startup Entrepreneurs (SVASE) – Communications Director (2008 – Present)
Currently facilitating ongoing SVASE member and joint-VC/partner traditional and social communications programs focused on increased partner and membership development. Raised the profile of SVASE and 30 member startups in Silicon Valley and national markets, gaining exposure in the San Jose Mercury News, San Francisco Chronicle, ABC TV News, CNBC, and Fox TV News, and articles on CNN and VentureBeat blogs. Working with many of Silicon Valley’s top Venture Capitalists and deal makers.
- OptiSolar – Director, Corporate Communications (2007 – 2008)
Began as a consultant and was later brought in-house to create solar start-up OptiSolar’s communications department. Launched and led the company’s communications outreach strategy, public relations, employee, crisis, and intranet-web communications. OptiSolar ran out of funding.
- Drove local/community, regional, national business, and clean tech trade-focused communications for introduction through joint OptiSolar-PG&E announcement of the world’s largest photovoltaic (PV) solar farm. Received positive response from customers, government officials, and community, as well as significant local/national print, greentech, online, blogger, and broadcast-TV media coverage including BusinessWeek, Fortune Magazine, The New York Times, and NBC-TV.
- Directed the company’s branding and web communications. Completely re-strategized and re-designed website to be more reflective of the dramatic growth of the company.
- Positioned OpitSolar’s PV solar farms in the Canadian marketplace as the largest solar effort in Canada; gained early support, reputation, and goodwill among critical local communities and government decision makers.
- McGrath/Power – Senior Vice President (2006)
Worked with security and mobile clients of McGrath/Power. Led analyst communications and public relations for one of the firm’s largest clients, ActivIdentity, a global leader in strong authentication, credential management, and security. Significantly increased media coverage and acceptance for the re-positioned company and its CEO.