Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Privately held media and business information services company.
Responsible for all finance and administration of a national multi-faceted and multi-office media & information services firm. Reported to the Company CEO.
- Led transition of new management team into foundering organization, increasing value of a firm with no net worth firm to one worth 5x EBITDA in 12 months.
- Created the largest niche market business information firm serving the engineering and architectural marketplace by executing the purchase of a business information firm, tripling the overall firm’s revenue.
- Led all integration efforts achieving full back office integration within three months.
- Negotiated transactions including two multi-million dollar senior debt facilities that allowed for purchase of acquisition, and a multi-million subordinated (mezzanine) debt facility that provided operational and growth capital.
- Served as a vital part of firm’s executive committee to define and implement definitive and quantifiable objectives, helping to identify non-core assets that provided over seven million dollars in valuable resources to fund corporate growth.
- Managed working capital to provide healthy liquidity during a prolonged economic downturn.Successfully reduced Days Sales Outstanding from 44 to 35 days.Successfully renegotiated print and fulfillment contracts, saving over $200,000.
- Managed all aspects of expense controls and systems, as well as all financial reporting, legal, risk management, and day-to-day-banking activities.
- Managed all human resource functions, including negotiation of 4 separate health plans over a 6-year period, development of strategy and standards for incentive compensation plans, and implementation to provide meaningful bonuses to staff across all levels.
- Responsible for all real estate transactions, including negotiation of a new corporate lease during the term of an existing one, reducing costs and saving more than $150,000 annually.