A proven and creative leader with 18 years of experience guiding firms in the CFO role, who has achieved constant growth through various economic cycles, and generated an aggregate of more than fifty million dollars in top-line revenue growth and cost savings. A leader who has executed, led, and managed all strategic and tactical processes of finance, operations and administration. Heavy emphasis has included merger and acquisition activities, debt and equity negotiations, financial reporting and budgeting, and expense controls.
Jan 2003 - Jan 2009
Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Privately held media and business information services company.
Responsible for all finance and administration of a national multi-faceted and multi-office media & information services firm. Reported to the Company CEO.
- Led transition of new management team into foundering organization, increasing value of a firm with no net worth firm to one worth 5x EBITDA in 12 months.
- Created the largest niche market business information firm serving the engineering and architectural marketplace by executing the purchase of a business information firm, tripling the overall firm’s revenue.
- Led all integration efforts achieving full back office integration within three months.
- Negotiated transactions including two multi-million dollar senior debt facilities that allowed for purchase of acquisition, and a multi-million subordinated (mezzanine) debt facility that provided operational and growth capital.
- Served as a vital part of firm’s executive committee to define and implement definitive and quantifiable objectives, helping to identify non-core assets that provided over seven million dollars in valuable resources to fund corporate growth.
- Managed working capital to provide healthy liquidity during a prolonged economic downturn.Successfully reduced Days Sales Outstanding from 44 to 35 days.Successfully renegotiated print and fulfillment contracts, saving over $200,000.
- Managed all aspects of expense controls and systems, as well as all financial reporting, legal, risk management, and day-to-day-banking activities.
- Managed all human resource functions, including negotiation of 4 separate health plans over a 6-year period, development of strategy and standards for incentive compensation plans, and implementation to provide meaningful bonuses to staff across all levels.
- Responsible for all real estate transactions, including negotiation of a new corporate lease during the term of an existing one, reducing costs and saving more than $150,000 annually.
Feb 1999 - Jan 2003
Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Thunderbolt Capital Corp
Venture Capital firm specializing in start up companies.
Partner in a venture capital/broker-dealer firm with the mission of funding start-up companies with seed capital.Industries included bio-technology, manufacturing and internet.Responsible for all financial operations of the general partner and all portfolio companies. Reported to CEO.
- Raised capital via private placements for select portfolio companies.
- Negotiated purchase transactions and all deal documents for 8 portfolio companies.
- Implemented financial systems for the general partner and all portfolio companies. Responsible for reporting financial results to all limited partners.
- Led firm to a achieve a broker-dealer license with the NASD within six months of application.
- Served on Board of Directors of all portfolio companies, providing strategic and tactical guidance.
Oct 1996 - Feb 1999
Responsible for all financial operations of dynamic Multi-international management consulting firm.
Responsible for all financial operations of an international consulting firm, reporting directly to the managing partners.
- Executed expense controls across multiple offices that generated savings in excess of $500,000.
- Created and implemented forecasting system that aided firm’s growth of top-line revenues by 18% annually.
- Streamlined financial reporting process, enabling monthly reports to be produced within 2 weeks of month end close.
- Managed all real estate transactions across all offices nationally. Negotiated new leases that provided savings of over $100,000 annually.
- Designed and implemented financial systems for openings of international offices in Paris and Frankfurt.
Nov 1990 - Oct 1996
VP & Chief Financial Officer
VP & CFO of national advertising and media rep firm.
Responsible for all finance and administration of national advertising and media rep firm.Reported directly to the CEO.
- Led the strategic team in acquiring a multi-million dollar publishing operation and integrating it into existing platform.Handled all financial negotiations.Secured senior debt to finance transaction.
- Served as vital member of the firm’s Executive Committee, steering firm to double digit revenue growth annually for six years.
- Implemented financial controls and procedures that saved the firm substantial resources and reduced operating expenses significantly.
- Negotiated and implemented all real estate transactions and benefit plans.
- Managed all human resource functions.
- In a less than a seven-year period, helped triple the size of the firm in terms of top-line revenue which allowed CEO/Owner to sell the firm to a publicly traded Media firm at a favorable purchase price.