To secure a position within fund operations to further develop a career and ultimately gain a position as a Fund Manager, drawing on experience to date in combination with qualifications, knowledge and skills.
Driven to succeed in his professional career and his private endeavors his interests are focused on exploring and challenging himself in the financial world of trading stocks and commodity futures. Completing Years 11 and 12 in Australia and with his VCE university entrance score of 96.5, ensured him a firm foundation for his outstanding tertiary qualifications. These in conjunction with a score of 8.0 for his International English Language Test Score sees him well placed, combined with his hands on employment experience, for the Australian workplace. An honours and distinction grade student whose dedication to his studies is apparent in his transcripts.
Jan 2009 - Dec 2009
Master of Finance
The University of New South Wales
- Major in Funds Management and Financial Institutions Management
- Key achievement - Graduated with Distinction grade average
Feb 2004 - Dec 2008
Bachelor of Engineering (IT) Electrical Engineering / Bachelor of Commerce
The University of Melbourne
- Major in Telecommunications and Electrical Circuits Design
- Major in Finance and Management
- Key achievement - Graduated with Honours
Sep 2011 - Jun 2015
Pension Fund Administrator/Supervisor
China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
Company profile - CNPC is China's largest oil and gas producer and supplier. The CNPC Enterprise Annuity Scheme covers 1.2 million employees, has over USD10 billion asset under management as at December 2014, making it the largest enterprise annuity scheme in China.
Position profile – As all funds are externally invested/managed as for the CNPC Enterprise Annuity Council, my responsibilities included broad range of fiduciary duties
- Monitoring the performance and risk positions of funds as well as monitoring funds' compliance to mandate
- Prepare analysis report and presentations of the funds performance to relevant stakeholders
- Communicating and liaising with stakeholders, including Fund managers, custodian, internal strategic committee and regulatory authority
- Reviewing custodian/investment managers' fees and maintaining the XBRL CNPC Pension System
- Processing employees' contributions and benefit payments
Sep 2010 - Sep 2011
Trust Fund Manager
Kunlun Trust Co., Ltd (Subsidiary of CNPC)
Company profile - Kunlun Trust is a subsidiary of CNPC in the asset management field. It provides financing to relatively higher risk borrowers by issuing Trust Funds that are funded by high-net-worth individuals and institutions.
Position profile – Establishing the framework and conducting borrower's business, financial and accounting due diligence on and off-site
- Negotiating terms with borrowers and fund raising firms(commercial banks)
- Liaison with internal departments, initiating and completing fund approval process
- Completing all documentation from start to delivery, with an astute eye for detail - Loan Contract, Guarantee Agreement and Trust Fund Contract
- Reviewing Custodian Contract and consolidate all legal agreements with external solicitor
- Conducting due diligence throughout the life of the fund, monitoring borrower's risk positions
- Designed the product structure for the first Pension Product available and released in China. China's first Pension Product (sanctioned by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of the PRC). Its introduction provided more fund manager options for pension fiduciaries enabling efficient change of managers.
- Initiated the inaugural investment of CNPC pension fund investing in (physical) asset backed securities,
The West–East Gas Pipeline III investment project. CNPC injected its pipeline assets into a joint venture
company. CNPC Enterprise Annuity bought shares in the joint venture through its funds.
- Being recognised for my skills and commitment in a subsidiary company and receiving a promotion that grew my career and exposed me to a number of opportunities. (See written reference from Qingbo Lou)
2012 - Present
Passed CFA Level I Exam
2013 - Present
The Securities Practice Qualification
Securities Association of China (SAC)
The securities practice qualification certificate is the securities industry's access card, without it one does not enter the securities industry in any type of organisation in any capacity.