Senior Director, Sourcing & Procurement
Senior Director, Sourcing & Procurement - Directed procurement and sourcing activities for a department of 25 professionals managing the end-to-end purchasing activities for approximately $2 billion of Marketing Services spend, including Agencies, Media, Print Production, Phase IV Clinical Studies, Health Outcomes, Communication Primary and Secondary Market Research, Meetings, Conventions, Medical Education, and Contracted Sales Organization requirements.
- Achieved documented cost savings of approx. $100 million in 2007/2008
- Closely collaborated with global Senior Management to ensure US operational activities were reflective of Global strategy
- Ensured departmental compliance to all pharmaceutical industry regulations, corporate policies, SOX requirements, Diversity and Sustainability goals and objectives
- Designed organizational realignment of purchasing activities into Sourcing and Procurement functions resulting in improved value to the business and decreased project timelines.
- Identified/recruited appropriate resources, identified and developed skills sets, developmental / training requirements, processes and systems ensuring consistent level of expertise
- Identified and implemented appropriate Sourcing activities, including industry and spend category knowledge development, Supplier Relationship Management, Risk Management, Performance Metrics
- Led Talent Management process, i.e., succession planning, development of appropriate corporate culture, employee accountability, etc.
- Served on cross-functional Senior Leadership team in identifying and implementing an organizational culture of increased customer focus, performance excellence and employee engagement for the U.S. affiliate
- Led Relationship Management Team for Communication Agency networks with a total spend of $170 million, including conflict resolution, performance remediation, process optimization and performance evaluation
Associate Director, Purchasing - Directed Marketing Services Purchasing staff in the development and implementation of on-going procurement strategies and processes for the organization's Phase IV Clinical Studies, Medical Education and Creative Advertising requirements.
- Participated in strategic capacity in the functional area decision-making process
- Developed and maintained successful business relationships with senior leadership to ensure tactical objectives were in sync with individual department/organizational strategic objectives
- Developed standardized processes for team for the development of appropriate sourcing strategies and the development of functional requirements document, RFP processes, evaluation processes and on-going supplier management processes
- Led cross-functional project teams in the development of a variety of high level, high visibility projects, i.e. ERP solution. Designed functional requirements document, established criteria for RFP and subsequent evaluation processes for software/hardware/implementation of ERP solution
- Led Purchasing Best Practices Team in development of various best practice programs, i.e., Performance Measurement Program, Process Reengineering Initiative, Supplier Relationship Management Program, etc.
Senior Manager, Purchasing - Managed the end-to-end purchasing process for the organization's marketing services requirements, including Phase IV clinical trial and communications services
- Managed the purchasing activities of 5 Purchasing Specialists for various marketing initiatives, including congress activities, medical education programs, advisory boards and key opinion leader initiatives, consumer and professional advertising requirements and new product launches
- Managed the continued expansion of good purchasing practices into all areas of responsibility
- Developed in-depth knowledge of on-going brand strategies and budgetary requirements
- Collaborated with global purchasing entities in order to share information and help define global strategies
- Ensured compliance to all pharmaceutical industry regulations, corporate policies and procedures and purchasing best practices
- Led internal clients in the identification and certification of the appropriate supply sources and the development and communication of strategic plan requirements
Manager, Purchasing - Led the strategic procurement process for the Marketing requirements of three of Sanofi-Synthelabo's largest brands (Ambien, Plavix).
- Realized documented cost savings of $3.2 million dollars in 2002
- Directly responsible for the marketing and advertising purchasing strategy and management of two of the organization's leading brand groups in the US market, with a total annual purchasing spend of $200+ million.
- Managed the procurement activity for various marketing initiatives, including the management and implementation of congress activities, medical education programs, advisory boards and key opinion leader initiatives.