As short term objetive, I would like to find first a managing position in the industry, ideally in Korea or China. Then, I would like to build a career within an international chain.
Creative young hotelier with experience in kitchen, service, banqueting, front office and F&B management.
Natural networker, exigent, team player and entrepreneur.
Personal interests :
- descovering new culture
- meeting people
- fine food & wine
- design & art
Professional interests :
- hospitality in general
- real estate
- luxury goods and services
- new challenges
- boutique and concept hotels
Mar 2009 - Jun 2009
Night auditor extra
- Responsible for the Hotel during the night
- Gest relations
- Late check-in
- Security tour
- Early check-out
Feb 2009 - May 2009
Projet SBP, Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne
The Student Business Projects (SBPs) are consulting mandates that place groups of 4 to 6 students in a real-world situation over a period of 8 1/2 weeks. (www.ehl.ch) Project Fine Chocolate Boutique Shanghai : building a business plan for a private investor to create a luxury chocolate shop in Shanghai. Research in Lausanne and Shanghai, creating a concept, planning strategies, marketing plan, operations, finance.
May 2008 - Dec 2008
Food and Beverage Manager
Organize graduation dinner and party for the older semester, 650 guests for dinner - 1200 for the party following the dinner
- Manage the F&B team, more than 100 students volonteering for this party
- Menu planning with the Kitchen chef
- Coordination of the service and kitchen
- Wine selection and pairing
- Receive the food, beverages and decoration items
- Cost controling
As the party happend after my Olympic experience, I felt that this event organisation wouldn't be a problem. However, working with volonteers is different than collaborating with professionals. A good experience that is very rewarding once the oldest student are so happy and thank you.
Jun 2008 - Aug 2008
- Final planning and opening of the new café-restaurant and the poolside bar
- Planning and purchasing the wines for the Olympics period
- Food and service quality control
- Coordination of events
- Guest relations
- Staff training
At the end of my Management Trainee in 2007, the hotel management offered me to come back as a support to the F&B team during the Olympic period, as this was matching with my Summer holidays.
I had the opportunity to follow up with projects I started during my internship, such as the kitchen extention and the opening of two new outlets that I was asked to propose ideas of concept earlier. This experience was excellent as I was facing a complex organisation (300 to 400 lunch per day) but continue to be flexible as the government was changing the situations and timing was adapted everyday.
Dec 2008 - Jun 2008
Wine advices and service to clients
Prepare tapas food
Jun 2007 - Dec 2007
Management trainee in F&B
- Second internship included in EHL program
- I was attached to the Courtyard dinning for supervision in restaurant at the beginning of the internship.
- Then, I was involved in taking part at the selection process of new trainings, plan and prepare a course program on 10 days and give the lessons
- During the second part, I assisted the F&B manager in his daily tasks and was given the responsability to manage, follow up and check the well beeing of the guests for special F&B events hosted by foreign companies such as UBS, Credit Suisse, Sennheiser, etc
- Selection of new wines for the wine list, contacted, met and negotiated with the providers
I learned to work in a totally different cultural environment and to be more flexible toward other way of working. I came out of this experience more mature and with knowledge about China, one of the future strong country of the world.
Jun 2005 - Dec 2005
- First internship (operation) included in EHL program
- Fine dining and brasserie cooking in cold kitchen, pastry, fishes and meats partie
- Learned the importance of teamwork, forecasting and organizing
For this internship, students have the choice of service, kitchen and housekeeping for a period of 6 months or splited in 2 periods of 3 months.
Jul 2001 - Jun 2002
Front Office Trainee
La Porte d'Octodure
- Check in - Check out
- Infromation to guests
- Money exchange
- Welcome drinks to bus tours
- Please every guest request
- Night Auditor
I learned from this internship the importance of knowing languages and gained more self-confidence, polyvalence and maturity as I was treated as a employee and not as a trainee.
My interest in hospitality was growing during this experience.
Jan 2005 - Jun 2009
Student in the Bachelor of Science Program
The choice of EHL as a school came in my mind after a visit there. I have been interested by hospitality since I was young, especially for kitchen. However, after a few internship as a cook (the first one was I was 13 years old), I realized that it was not exactly what I wanted. I choosed to study in a commercial school first before finding my way during this visit at Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne. It was like "love at the first sight" ! Since I entered this university, I never regreted my choice and am very proud of having the opportunity to study there.
2004 - 2004
To start my studies at Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne, I needed to improve my English skills.
I had the opportunity to travael through New Zealand, learn to play golf and study withing an international school during my studies in SSE.
2002 - 2003
German is an important language in Switzerland.
My mother insisted that I should be fluent in German before improving my English as without German, there is no opportunities to have a good career in Switzerland. I never regretted to follow this advice as I learned the importance of knowing language and had my first experience in an international school.
1998 - 2001
The studies included 3 years of commercial studies and one year internship