Director, Business Development and Marketing
SPEC Process Engineering and Construction
Responsible for all Business Development, Sales and Marketing activities for process engineering, design and ultimately construction of high technology facilities. Target industries include energy (cellulosic ethanol, fuel cells, photovoltaics, LNG and high performance batteries), nanotechnology (aerogels and carbon nanotubes), biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and semiconductor among others. Typical project sizes range from $500,000 to $5,000,000 but can reach over $20,000,000.
- Took over with a low backlog and weak sales funnel. Rebuilt business to profitability in 2007 by closing over $9 million in new projects.
- Improved sales results in 2008 to over $10 million under extremely difficult economic conditions.
- Led definition of SPEC as alternative energy engineering company by focusing efforts on industry and closing several deals in this new space.
- Led expansion of sales efforts beyond New England into NY, PA and NJ.
- Hired and managed new representative firms to lead sales efforts within and beyond New England.
- Led major retooling of website including search engine optimization (SEO) to improve traffic and lead generation.