Application Service Delivery Specialist
Siemens IT Solutions and Services
- Extensive exposure to ITIL service environment through management of incidents at a 3rd line tier responding with appropriate technical authority to internal and external customer base
- Charged with providing technical specification evaluation for request fulfilment of an enterprise wide bespoke java service request management procurement portal based on ITIL best practice, interfacing with off and on shored development teams. The largest customer based application available to 25,000 customers. The subject matter expert of the SRM portal
- Project manage the end to end lifecycle of more than 1,000 work packets working with the customer, business analyst and internal resources to deliver on time and to budget
- Using ITIL best practice to resource manage and prioritise the day to day workload of off shore staff to develop and deliver work packets for release and show a keen appreciation of business needs for sourcing appropriate skill sets from available resources
- Product demonstration and training responsibilities, visiting client sites to show how value is being generated for the customer through developed solutions and how to use them correctly
- Chairing of an enterprise wide procurement application user group, being a key focal point for prioritising issues, working with the Customer to evaluate and deliver responses to user issues in-line with their business strategy. Report these findings back to Technology Stakeholders Group and Service Management.
- Co-ordinate functionality testing with the customer base for all developed changes/bug fixes/involving internal/external customers where necessary.
- Dealing with internal customers and project teams to discuss functionality improvements.. Excellent relationships maintained with project managers as well as support teams across the floor.
- Exposure to 3rdparty vendor management to ensure interfacing user account management system was available to process requests.
Skills and achievements in this role
- Key role in developing and managing the procurement portal between Siemens and BBC
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) with customers, suppliers, developers andbusiness analysts in a way that each group understand as well as working in a matrix team environment
- Operating within a busy multi-faceted environment
- Create process documentation and help define new and update existing business processes
- Managing monthly releases of the procurement portal through full change management cycle
- Extensive use of Remedy call management tool, including querying backend forms