Health Information Specialist
Native American Community Clinic
The Health Information Specialist maintains the clinics electronic health records in accordance with established procedures and policies.
- Answer phone calls and emails from internal and external customers related to records requests and questions.
- Evaluate appropriateness of authorizations for disclosure to meet state and HIPAA rules.
- Document all requests in the EMR and other systems as appropriate.
- Process incoming and outgoing records requests.
- Assist patients in completing medical releases.
- Other duties as assigned.