Engaging reporter with solid experience in writing news, sports, and human interest pieces, designing and creating media guides, and performing research. Proficient in Adobe and Microsoft products. Excellent communicator with proven ability to work with the media and meet deadlines.
Oct 2009 - Present
Student Assistant, Athletic Communications
· Currently helping Multimedia department with directing and producing television feeds.
· Helped in creating and editing material for media guides in baseball, softball, and basketball.
· Performed as a Division-I scorekeeper on the Stat Crew program during baseball season.
· Compiled statistics, including all career statistics for the baseball team dating back to 1985.
Jun 2010 - Aug 2011
Tournament Operations Intern
During Summer months:
· Directed baseball games as a Tournament Operator. Tasks included PA announcing lineups, maintaining the two-hour time limit, and having a working knowledge of the rules.
· Labored also on Ground’s Crew by preparing fields for games, filling and cleaning water coolers, picking the grounds for trash, and performing basic landscaping responsibilities.
· Assisted with full-time employees in making sure players, coaches, and families were treated “The Ripken Way;” with respect, dignity, and answering any questions which could arise.
May 2009 - Aug 2009
Media Relations Intern
· Posted live media updates for the track on racerap.com
·Acted as media liaison to members of the press for the general manager and track officials.
·Duties also included retrieving time sheets, faxing them to the inspection building for NASCAR officials and distributing copies to members of the press.
Aug 2007 - Dec 2007
Staff Writer Intern
·Served in newsroom writing an assortment of articles ranging from news, human interest, sports, and entertainment previews.