Drawing on his extensive experience as an educational leader, Daniel Hollinger is uniquely positioned to help clients start new schools and guide existing schools toward excellence. Dr. Hollinger serves as a school consultant and leadership coach for schools throughout the world. As President and Principal Consultant at Hollinger International, he designs distinctive strategies to meet the needs of each school. With the ultimate goal of improving education, Danny Hollinger and his organization provide school startup, improvement and leadership coaching services.
A leadership coach, Dr. Hollinger coaches new and veteran school leaders to help them improve their leadership skills and schools. Both new and established schools seek coaching services for school leaders.
New schools approach Daniel Hollinger and Hollinger International for assistance in a variety of areas, including comprehensive school startup services, feasibility studies, educational program design, marketing and admission, and faculty and staff recruitment.
Existing schools seek a variety of services, including comprehensive institutional assessment and improvement, strategic planning, curriculum development, team building, teacher training, faculty evaluation and compensation design. In addition to providing his expertise in these areas, Danny Hollinger also provides crises and change management services.
Many schools seek out Dr. Hollinger and Hollinger International to help them implement International Baccalaureate programmes. Dr. Hollinger has extensive experience with the design and implementation of the IB Primary Years Programme, Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme.
Daniel Hollinger holds a PhD in Education from the University of Virginia, a MEd in Special Education from American University and a BA in General Studies from the University of Maryland. Dr. Hollinger is also an expert in emotional intelligence and certified to administer the Emotional Quotient Inventory. He resides in Bethesda, Maryland near Washington, D.C. A nature enthusiast, he especially enjoys biking, hiking, and camping.
Sep 2008 - Present
President and Principal Consultant
Daniel Hollinger, President of Hollinger International, is a school consultant and leadership coach serving private, independent, international, charter and public schools, nonprofit organizations and education companies. Hollinger International provides tailored, strategic assistance to establish new schools, improve education and strengthen leadership. Daniel Hollinger and his associates provide the following services: Coaching - School Leader Coaching - Executive Coaching - Governance Coaching for Board Leaders - Crisis and Change Management Coaching - School Startup - Feasibility Studies - Charter and License Applications - Strategic and Business Planning - Curriculum Development - Marketing and Public Relations - Faculty and Staff Recruitment - School Leadership - Leadership Training for School Leaders - Leadership Team Building - Board Training - Strategic Planning - Effective Faculty and Staff Evaluation and Compensation Systems - School Improvement - Institutional Assessment and Improvement Planning - Organizational Climate Evaluation and Improvement - Teacher Training and Professional Development - Inquiry-Based, Project-Based and Transdisciplinary Teaching and Learning - Team Performance Assessment - Building and Sustaining High-Performance, Collaborative Teams - Faculty Culture Assessment and Improvement - Building and Sustaining High Faculty Morale - International Baccalaureate Programmes - International Baccalaureate Programme Design, Implementation and Authorization for the Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Years Programmes
Jun 1988 - Aug 2008
Founder and Head of School
Coeus International School and Rock Creek International School
Founded, built and led international schools. Designed and delivered dual-language International Baccalaureate (IB) Programmes in Arabic, English, French, Greek, Mandarin and Spanish. Built $6M company in highly competitive market, transitioning from startup to full-scale operations. Captured emerging markets with groundbreaking programs and services. Built and led high-performing faculty, management and governance teams – capitalizing on assets to create and improve services, programs and operations for competitive advantage, cost savings and revenue growth. Recruited, trained and supervised over 300 faculty and staff members. Established strategic partnerships with corporations, foundations, NGOs, governments, schools and universities worldwide to enhance services, enter new markets and raise funds. Acquired and developed five campuses, raised $7M and negotiated below-market contracts for $3M savings. Functioned as Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Chief Development Officer and Chief Academic Officer during various developmental phases.
- Innovative, Dual-Language, International Baccalaureate Programmes: Developed and delivered highly acclaimed dual-language International Baccalaureate programmes that achieved extraordinary academic, intellectual, linguistic and social results for students from extremely diverse economic and cultural backgrounds. Transformed teaching and learning into a dynamic engagement among educators and learners across languages, disciplines and grades. Established innovative programs, including Professionals-in-Residence, Peace Education, and Olympism Athletics. Set up international exchange programs globally to promote cross-cultural understanding and enhance learning. Tailored curriculum and teaching to serve students with diverse learning styles and intelligences. Educated students to excel intellectually, academically and socially.
- Business Development: Grew enrollment from 5 to 250 and revenue from $50K to $5.7M at RCIS. Increased enrollment from 75 to 125 and nearly doubled revenue from $650K to $1.2M in two years at CIS. Identified and developed new revenue streams. Expanded education and related services throughout the Washington metropolitan area. Managed significant annual growth while maintaining high quality services and strong client relations. Created and sustained an organizational culture that valued and rewarded innovation and business development at all levels.
- Strategic Planning: Designed and implemented strategic plans for organizational growth and development, including comprehensive marketing, branding, sales, financial, staffing and campus expansion strategies to compete successfully against significantly stronger institutions.
- Branding, Marketing and Public Relations: Developed distinctive school concept and brand, assessed the market and identified target markets. Conducted high-impact marketing and public relations campaigns.
- School and Faculty Culture: Created diverse school communities and a culture of respect for all students regardless of economic, cultural or linguistic backgrounds. Built and led high-performing, collaborative faculty, staff and governance teams. Created and sustained a faculty culture characterized by innovation, professional growth, teamwork and indefatigable devotion to each student’s academic, intellectual, social and emotional growth.
- Faculty and Staff Recruitment and Professional Development: Recruited internationally and trained over 300 faculty and staff members. Delivered training in multiple areas, including inquiry-based pedagogy, transdisciplinary curricula, classroom management and special education. Designed and organized multiyear professional development programs.
- Faculty Performance and Compensation: Designed and implemented an innovative “Faculty Support, Evaluation and Compensation System” that linked performance to compensation, resulting in significant performance improvement, and enrollment and revenue gains for four consecutive years.
- Strategic Partnerships: Built partnerships with corporations, foundations, governments, NGOs, schools and universities in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and North and South America. Developed relationships, obtained funding and received unsolicited requests for proposals to establish schools in the UAE, Bahrain and Kuwait. Developed strategic partnerships locally, nationally and globally for business development, marketing, public relations, service enhancement and campus expansion. Established affiliations with schools locally and globally for teacher and student exchange programs. Forged alliances with universities for teacher training and curriculum development.
- Authorization and Accreditation: Obtained authorization from the International Baccalaureate Organisation and accreditation from the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Received commendations for high quality programs from both organizations.
- Fundraising: Raised over $1M philanthropically from foundations, governments, corporations, NGOs and constituents, and over $1.4M in capital.
- Negotiations and Savings: Consistently demonstrated outstanding negotiation skills. Delivered $4M in savings by negotiating below-market real estate lease, acquisition, financing and construction contract terms.
- Campus Acquisitions, Design and Build-Out: Managed five campus acquisitions, complex zoning changes, architectural design and build-out. Completed projects before deadlines and under budget.